Attendee count (max): 16
UTC2304 - GSoC update - Peter Hall
- Matt (autorotation)
- Trying to get a PR onto master later this week
- Trying to get motor-sailing into master
- Motorboat with a sail or a sailboat with a motor…
- All working quite well
- Path planning
- Mission would have a takeoff sort of thing
- Path planning waypoint
- Then 20 waypoints
- Then a stop-path-planning waypoint
- Visit all but will decide order itself
- No, basic algorithms
- Swap two waypoints and try again
- Three-opt etc
- Put algorithms in one place? E.g. Dijkstra
- Something on the same model as the SmartRTL stuff?
UTC2308 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/issues/12014
- Rangefinder subgroup renaming
- Parameters are present twice in our documentation
- Probably just affects our Wiki
- And anybody using our parameters xml
- Generator emits each group separately
- Michael and Peter to look at it
UTC2318 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/11980
UTC2317 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/11998
- Does this take into account the RC failsafe counter?
- [9:24 AM] (Channel) Jaime: You are discussing a higher level change. This change only parametrizes a hardcoded value. That’s all we need for now. We can change all this later.
- Different decisions made for Plane vs Copter in terms of assumption of RC input during RC-failsafe-pending periods
- Will need to be able to simulate and test RC
- FS_RC_TIMEOUT rather than something to do with throttle?
- Same timeout for mavlink overrides and normal RC?
- They come in at different rates
- This patch adds another layer of failsafes?
- Another time for the rc failsafe to trigger?
- similar parameter name we use in Copter for the failsafe value
- [9:38 AM] (Channel) Jaime: The name can be changed, the timeout itself has been there for a long time. So we are not adding any new timer.
- Mask for never-time-out RC values
- Same as the thing being added?
UTC2345 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/11980
- Old compiler?
- Some vehicles are building with PX4/NuttX builds
- But this is the native compiler
- We release with 4.9
- Once we’ve no releases running on NuttX we can move forward
- Do we keep aligning SITL compiler with release compiler?
- Build_binaries could use different compilers for stable vs master etc?
UTC2346 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/11978
- Turning arming checks off in Plane - what if AHRS is not initialised?
- Get_position still returns true when it isn’t using the GPS
UTC0002 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/11943
- Adds object avoidance support to Copter
- As in navigating around things
- Bendyruler and dijkstra
- Tested on real vehicle many weeks ago
- Integration is a little different to Rover
- Wanted to be able to turn it off on fmuv2 boards
- AC_WPNav OA library
- Thing wrapper around AC_WPNav which calls over to OA avoidance path planner library so if there’s an intermediate point it shoves that into the underlying AC_WPNav library
UTC0004 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/11887
- Add support for Scrimmage
- Adds ability to pass in a config for the model
- May be able to get rid of (e.g.) plane-elevon
- FF has a change requested
- Tridge thinks this was resolved
UTC0007 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/issues/11642
- Matt had consistent reset on F405 wing
- Unable to reproduce now
- Tridge is working with him to try to reproduce it
- Devcall should remain as this is an important thing
UTC0009 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/11617
- Needs to be tested under Valgrind
- Can be merged after more tests are run
UTC0020 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/11524
- Need to make sure fetching parameters doesn’t interrupt ESC and servo values
- Disable it when armed
- Move to separate thread?
- Need a get_semaphore method on the parameter
- May end up corrupting parameters?
- Declare a hal-semaphore and do a with-semaphore
- A set should be OK
- Pre-existing issue with set_and_save vs mavlink?
- Param_write_queue race
- Multiple writers into queue needs locking against
- [10:35 AM] (Channel) Michael_duBreuil: We’re proud of you, and supporting your decision to take this on at this time Peter!
- Locking version of the buffer for writes?
- Pushing into the buffer is done inside AP_Param
- And in flush
- ObjectBuffer -> locking object buffer
UTC0038 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/issues/11398
- No work’s been done in this one
- Maybe we’re filling up a serial buffer?
UTC0039 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/8364
- Probably doesn’t need to be devcall
- Tridge can test it with type 3 or type 4
- Shouldn’t autoprobe any more
UTC0041 - Baro-related PR
UTC0043 - Plane update
- 120ms motor outage in quadplane
UTC0045 - Randy and copter
UTC0106 - discussion of exclusion zones
UTC0109 - stay-in-booloader not working?
- Need more information on which bootloader etc
UTC0110 - End