Issues & Pull Requests
- Change for how to build heli.
- Test flights with ESC telemetry.
- slot requests are in (4 to 6). we hear tomorrow how many we will get
- Copter-3.6 beta testing should start this week. Just want to have a look over coverity to be more sure there’s no weird memory issues (no reason to think there is, it’s just a regular check I do)
- re-tested variable pitch quadcopters as people probably noticed from the blog on ArduPilot.org
- Rover-3.2.3 was released with a few minor fixes (WP origin, two paddle input, boats look like boats on the GCS)
- Rover-3.3 beta testing can start any time. I plan to start that this week or next…
Attendee count (max): 21
UTC2301 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/7716
- Setting time via GCS
- Set system clock via ChibiOS use is wrong
- Get system clock ms wraps really, really fast
- Will get it in as it currently stands and we’ll look at ChibiOS support
- Peter and tridge will look at this
UTC2305 - changing tradheli build
- waf copter --upload would upload a random target
- Now a separate shortcut build target
- ./waf copter and ./waf heli
UTC2305 - ESC telemetry
- First flight done
- We have telemetry in the logs
- Already have the ESC messages because of uavcan escs
- Blheli32 now available everywhere, not just on multicopters
- Tridge needs to update the docs
- Mavlink message?
- Use mavlink2 zero-trimming
- ESC mask field which specifies how many in the fields you get are actually valid
- All fields of the same type in one message e.g. voltage goes in a single message type
- JW: Why only available on Auxout?
- [9:12 AM] (Channel) PR: Yes, the level shifter on 1-8 is one way. It’s a high current drive.
- So it can drive optocouplers
- JW: DOes this levelshifter limitation apply to Pixhawk 1?
- Should work on the IO board on PH1, but development bandwidth required
- D-shot on io channels in the future, maybe?
- PixRacer works on all channels
- MindPX will work on all 14 channels (they’re all FMU)
- PH2.1 will be able to do telemetry but never configuration
- IO microcontroller needs to be killed?
- Philip: Most people getting 2.1s do use the passthrough
- Trouble getting PH2 users involved in the community
- Any example of a vehicle being saved by the IO?
- Why do we keep iterating on hardware?
- What problems are being solved?
- “Faster” isn’t necessarily sufficient
- All telemetry comes back on a single pin back to the autopilot (solder together, it timeslices)
- [9:21 AM] (Channel) JP The telemetry request goes out on the dshot pins, but the response goes to a uart (sequentially).
- JW: Now that I think of it, I guess there’s not much reward to putting dshot output only on the main pixhawk pins. The biggest advantage dshot gives us right now is the passthrough setup. pwm/oneshot is fast enough for our control loop and works well to date
- AT: jacob: there are other advantages. 1) no ESC cal needed 2) easy setup of reversible motors
- AT: you need passthru to enable it on the ESC, but once enabled it is easy to use
UTC2320 - GSoC
- Came up with top
- Will request slots
- Google to respond in next 24-48 hours on how many slots we get
- Week or two to decide which candidates to take on
- End of month everything is announced
- Coding starts some time in May?
- Some great proposals!
- May suggest to partners they grab a student or two
UTC2322 - Luis and funding updates
- contacted all renewing partners
- Next week a cleanup of the partners list
- Asked SPI for numbers on current position
- Need to talk about the swag shop with SPI
- More funding requests needed!
- Some companies are interested in supporting AP in specific ways
- Targeted funding
- Randy’s working up a document on the subject
- Trying to sell AP to potential donors
- Point out where their needs are on our roadmap
- E.g. compasses are a problem for our users, and Paul want to reduce our reliance on it
- Hand it out at big drone events?
- Weak-spot identification
- Let funding committee know about places that can be fixed so funding committee can chase things with potential donors
- If you are talking with potential donors, contact Randy and he can help you use the document he’s preparing
UTC2328 - Copter beta testing
- This week for sure!
- We’ll do both NuttX and PX4
- Rover 3.2.3 went out
- Boats appear on ground station as boats
- Variable pitch quadcopters are fully tested and documented now
- Code was done a long time ago, but it wasn’t documented
- DI: Variable Pitch QuadCopter (reconfirming it works)
- PID setup if you want to be able to flip it over in-flight
- Reversing ESC support for normal multicopters is coming!
- If you want to help in testing, tridge wants people to be aware that they’re likely to crash but he’d appreciate testers!
- Screw-on-props not recommended
UTC2330 - Rover
- Next week for Rover 3.3 beta
UTC2330 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/8077
- Rcin moved to hal?
- RSSI into RC Channels or directly in HAL?
- How does it interact with RC overrides?
- get_RSSI call does what?
- Function in rc channels could be get_receiver_rssi() to make it clearer
- Need to pull protocol stuff out of HAL
- Also interacts with AP_IOMCU library
- Eventually get rid of hal.rcin
- Thin wrapper around hal.get_rssi in the short term?
- parameter handling is going to be a pain
- parameter renaming will need starting at
- FF will be coordinating with MdB on getting this PR in
- Tridge consider this a preparatory PR for future work
UTC2342 - Plane release?
- 3.8.5 or 3.9?
- Barometer log bug fixed
- Master flown on quadplane on the weekend and it worked well
UTC2342 - build releases
- Fmuv3 fmyuv4 mindpx revomini
- Peter and tridge are working on autobuilding these
UTC2342 - Bill and tradheli
- User noticed coupling between roll and pitch
- Bill is working on a fix for it
- Swash-plate bug
- 3.3.3 -> 3.4 seems to have introduced something
- Trim was carried in calculation for servo_out
- Delta was carried from midpoint through to servo out
- No elongation based on the servo range
- 3.4 changed to the -1 to 1 range stuff
- elongation/squishing due to distance between trim and endpoint
- Servo doesn’t move enough to keep orientation between all the servos
- More cyclic input to one side than another
- Rob’s heard there might be an issue with settings not saved correctly too
- Two Thundertiger 700s are being built up
- One petrol
- One electric
- Currently don’t support the swash plate used in these
- Development is being done
- Support all know swash plate types with a “universal swash plate” setup
- Nothing on forums ATM, but soon
- Compensation factors for different swash plate types
- Working with Randy and Leonard on spooling code, hoping to get it into 3.6
- Longer servo arms used on some swash plates require a scaling factor, being added