Delta wing with vertical stabilizer

Hi,

I was looking around for plane designs and the delta wing attracted my attention.
I am planning to buy a model like Avro_Vulcan and add my servos over it.

I noticed that the Avro_Vulcan has a vertical stablizier while flying_wing don’t have it. I believe this add more control over the plane.

my question, how to configure the control surfaces? is it still a flying wing ?
I think the vertical stabilizier has the Rudder and the horizontal parts shall be set as elevators or Aileron ?

AFAIK you should use elevon output for horizontal and rudder for vertical surface.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply.

I will check that.

Maybe one more question,

what is the difference between adding the BLDC motor at the front or at the tail ? would that make much difference ?

I found some designs that add the motor at the front but most other designs put it at the rear of the plane

a motor at the rear will survive more hard landings, but can be tricky to launch as your fingers get close to the propeller.

2 Likes

Good that you told me about my fingers :slight_smile: Thx

I almost lost one of mine, 12 inch carbon blade almost went all the way through my finger launching a fx79 plane, went right though the bone and one of the nerves.needed surgery to get the nerve and tendons repaired.

2 Likes

I git nipped once too until I started using the “wing sling” method. But, that won’t work well for all planes. The Crash Test Hobby Wing I once had you could throw it like a frisbee and it would launch.

3 Likes