Declaring mission waypoints as reached while not moving

Hello,

I have an Issue with some logic inside ArduPilot software where if waypoints are not physically reached during an Auto mission they are still declared as reached.

In my application I would like to cut control of the motors with means other than using the autopilot and without any inputs to the autopilot to then continue on with the mission after reestablishing the control. Autopilot must still continue trying to guide the rover to its target points while rover physically is not moving without any inputs to the autopilot noting that it is indeed supposed to be motionless. Issue is that after some time, ArduPilot just starts skipping waypoints, seemingly based on distance to them. I am having hard time finding any information about this behavior and decided to ask here for some hints and pointers or an answer. Is there a way to stop this from happening via some setting or some workaround?

That is a known bug that has AFAIK been fixed in ArduPilot 4.6.0 DEV

I see, when could one expect to see the stable release of 4.6 for ArduRover if you have any idea?

Also, out of curiosity, what is causing the behavior? I have noticed that the skipping time depends on the distance to the waypoint but not if the distance is past certain range.