Custom Tricopter can't liftoff

A newbie here so don’t know much about tricopters or ardupilot as such. Am building a tricopter for a school project however, I’m just not able to achieve liftoff, the copter just wants to flip off. I’ve attached a video of the same. Any help is highly appreciated. Tricopter vid

1 Like

you should post your .bin file (that you can download from the flight controller) from this flight. in this file we can see what went wrong.

Also, why is it on a table? and you should not use collets on the motors. it will cause vibration, which is bad for the flight controller. might be good to add lightweight guards to prevent tipping / prop striking the ground.

Almost always it’s because the Motor Order or direction is wrong. Did you run Motor Test in Mission Planner to confirm it’s correct? And as @lordvon says post a link to .bin flight log of a take-off attempt, it might reveal something obvious.

There you go with the logs files. Regarding the collets, what other alternative should I go for?

I’ve checked the motor directions and they’re running correctly, I’ve also added the link to log files in the post before. Also, I made a couple of changes to the chassis but I’m still facing the same issue.
Tricopter vid 2

No one is going to search thru 20 log files looking for a problem. Post one (1) where the problem exists.

I have the Same Problem … What are with negative PIDs?

So your craft flips on take-off?

Yes exactly, is not can flying Stabilise , i think i Just Set negative pids

No idea what you mean there. The most likely cause of flipping on take-off is the wrong motor order or direction.

Are all right…i send a a vid in the next time, its possible to see the drone position on hud, i mean see the drone on screen, the same that betaflight are, i mean the imu have a problem, its not possible to stabilization

kakute F7 1.1 / Ardupilot 4.3.7
Tricopter setup Oneshot 125 Motor 1 CW Motor 2 CWW Motor 4 CWW Motor 7 PWM servo change from rc7 to rc6
Gyro, Mag, Acc Calibration ok
rc calibr. ok

i feel whit hands that the drone no trying to stabilize, its feel to sense that the drone are reversed?!?

There is no 3d visualization but both MissionPlanner and MavProxy have artificial horizon displays.

yes but im not see the real position… a srange thing, you have a complete tricopter setup guide
FRAME_CLASS 6
FRAME_TYPE 1

oneshot125 problem?!?