Custom flight controller roll, pitch, yaw anomalies

Hi everyone,

I hope you’re all doing well.

I’ve encountered a issue with a custom flight controller I’ve designed for use on a 5-inch quad. The controller is similar to the MatekH743 and is equipped with IMUs (BMI088, ICM42688p), running ArduCopter 4.4. While all the peripherals seem to be functioning correctly, I’m experiencing a significant problem with the IMUs, I believe. Prior to takeoff, in Stabilize flight mode, when I throttle to around 20-30%, the Roll, Pitch, and Yaw values displayed in MissionPlanner’s HUD starts going like crazzy, lot of fluctuations, even when the quad remains level on the ground.

I’ll attach a .bin file containing batch IMU logging for further analysis. The IMU ICs are positioned slightly off-center on the FC, with coordinates X: +3cm, Y: -5cm. However, I believe they are within acceptable ranges and shouldn’t require offset adjustments using parameters.

You can access the logs files here.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide!

hello @evsky welcome back,

please follow: Methodically configure and tune ArduCopter

@amilcarlucas Thanks for the suggestion! I did most of these steps in a old quad setup, the problem is … i’m using this flight controller schematic in other custom FC board and it works really well (just the shape of the PCB is different).

All the params was copied from the old one and uploaded to this new FC, all the calibrations was done successfully and still the results are so different. This new FC is really unstable, most of the times it is not able to takeoff, because it flips to one side and propellers touch the ground.

Do you have any ideas ?

The point is that you are not supposed to just do most of the steps. You are supposed to do ALL the steps in that exact order, especially if it does not work as expected in the end.

If it worked as expected, them the steps would not be important. But it didn’t, did it?

I will follow all the steps again and let you know if it fixed the problem

Thanks. And please post the .param files that you edit with a text editor.