Cube Orange Power Monitor Configuration

Hello everyone,

I’m using a Cube Orange Plus with two power sources. I have a Mauch sensor in Power 1 for power sensing and a Power Brick Mini in Power 2 for backup. I’d like to configure the system to use data only from the Power 1 module and have the Power 2 module act solely as a backup. I’m using Arducopter 4.3.7.

Any help or guidance on how to set up this configuration would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Assuming you’ve set up the primary battery monitor for the Mauch with the settings they provide…

Go to MissionPlanner / Setup / Battery Monitor 2
Select “Analog Voltage only”

Reboot the flight controller, then go back to the same section
Select “Pixhawk2_PM2…” for Volt pin and probably “Disabled” Current pin

Now go to Config / Full Paramater List
Verify that in BATT parameters you have all of these set correctly:

BATT_ARM_VOLT
BATT_CRT_VOLT
BATT_LOW_VOLT
BATT_FS_CRT_ACT
BATT_FS_LOW_ACT
MOT_BAT_VOLT_MAX
MOT_BAT_VOLT_MIN

Use the initial parameters calculator if you are unsure of anything.

And in BATT2 the equivelant params should all be zeros - you will need to enter zero in BATT2_CAPACITY and BATT2_LOW_VOLT as they will have default values.
BATT2 voltages will be recorded in logs, but no actions taken.

EDIT:
In full parameter list check that you have

BATT_VOLT_PIN,14
BATT_CURR_PIN,15
BATT2_CURR_PIN,4 (-1 for disabled)
BATT2_VOLT_PIN,13
BATT2_VOLT_MULT,12.02

I adjusted the text and screenshots above to give these correct values after I tried it out on my Cube Orange (same as Cube Orange + for these)
I had started just using an old Pixhawk1 1M that I already had on the desk so it was a bit different.

Hello,

I am having a similar issue. My Power1 voltage is correct but my Power2 is not and I have NO clue why at this point. If I move my Power1 connector to the Power2 connection, I get the correct voltage. Am I not configuring the Mauch sensor properly??? I am using the 031 PDB.

I have the Mauch sensor configured to deactivate Hub X2 by using the jumper defined here: Mauch 031 PDB Manual - World Drone Market

I am assuming I am missing SOMETHING. Any help would be great, this sensor has been irritating every step of the way :frowning:

Battery 1 Monitor

Battery 2 Monitor

BATT2_AMP_PERVLT,155.632
BATT2_CAPACITY,0
BATT2_CURR_PIN,-1
BATT2_LOW_TIMER,10
BATT2_LOW_VOLT,0
BATT2_MONITOR,3
BATT2_VOLT_MULT,18.95373
BATT2_VOLT_PIN,13

What are you connecting to the Power2 input? As far as I can see there is only one fully functional flight controller power output on the Mauch which has voltage and current sense wires.
If you are connecting one of the other +5v and GND outputs to Power2 then likely there is no voltage sense wire. You would just have to disable BATT2 monitor. The Cube will still have a redundant power supply and function as expected (provided the Mauch functions as expected) but it just wont be logging the battery voltage.

Maybe a photo will help us.

Thanks for replying! I have my main batteries connected on POWER1 then failsafe batteries (much smaller batteries I only want to use when landing the copter during a scenario where POWER1 loses voltage) on POWER2.
Here is a picture of how I currently have things wired up: