Cube Black stuck at bootloader while connecting to KISS ESC via AUX Port, Copter 3.6.12

Hello everyone,

I built a quadcopter with KISS ESC and I want to use it with Cube Black FC. I followed this tutorial for setup ESC with DSHOT: https://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/common-dshot.html

However, when connecting ESC to AUX Ports of Cube Black, the Cube didn’t boot completely most of the time and Ardupilot didn’t start at all!!! Specifically, the orange LED of the Cube Black flashed continuously, and then when I connected the USB cable it mounted a different COM Port (COM8) instead of COM9 (when it boots normally).

Additionally, the Cube will boot normally all the time when I remove ESC connections to AUX Port or when I connect it to Main Port to use PWM. I tried two Cube Black and two ESC units but I still have the same issue.

Could anyone give me some suggestions or show me how to find the error during booting of the Cube? I would very much appreciate any help/comment!

Thank you!

Check your BRD_PWM_COUNT and your servo9 etc. functions. Then make sure you have your BLH parameters set correctly.

Hi,
Thanks for your comment. I already set BRD_PWM_COUNT = 4 and SERVO9,10,11,12 to motor functions followed the instruction. The Cube didn’t boot successfully only when I connect the ESC to Aux Ports, and booted normally(with DSHOT params) when I disconnect the ESC connections to the FC.

What are your BLH parameters?

Hi,
My BLH parameter:
SERVO_BLH_MASK, 0
SERVO_BLH_AUTO, 1
SERVO_BLH_TEST, 0
SERVO_BLH_TMOUT, 0
SERVO_BLH_TRATE, 10
SERVO_BLH_DEBUG, 0
SERVO_BLH_OTYPE, 0
SERVO_BLH_PORT, 0

If I first power the Cube via USB and wait for booting completion, and then power KISS ESC with battery, I can control motor via DSHOT and read telemetry values as normal in Mission Planner. The booting problem only happens when I power both the Cube and KISS ESC at the same time with battery.