CUAV Nora transplant on my Octo

Hi All,
So, I run the test with only one ESC, by mistake the protocol was set on 2 (MavLink2) and than suddenly telemetry showed out on the status tab but not in the log file. Next test, nothing.
I reverted the protocol to 16 and nothing. That’s when I lost it and as a last resort, down-graded BLheli FW to 3.2.6 and everything is working.

Hope it helps someone and thanks @smartdave and @xfacta for your help much appreciated !!!
Gal

One thing to try is check that you don’t have auto-telemetry enabled on the ESCs when using 32.7

1 Like

It is off @andyp1per, I read your notes on this issue :slight_smile:

The only time you want Auto Telemetry on is when not using Dshot as the ESC protocol. If you are using PWm or Oneshot you will need Auto Telemetry turned on

1 Like

Shawn, I simply missed that message :cry:, would have saved me a lot of grief :pray::pray::pray:

Anyone using FrSky telemetry on Nora ? Will one wire suffice with SERIAL_OPTIONS 10 ?

Yappu Telemetry working fine with the Nora.

Use:
SERIALx_OPTIONS 3
SERIALx_PROTOCOL 10

One wire out of the S.PORT then create a Y connection with a diode.
IN4007 works fine.

Swap around the orientation of the diode if it doesn’t work

@smartdave @andyp1per
I’m just making quad out of Cuav v5Nano with BLHeli esc from T.motor

https://store-en.tmotor.com/h5/#/product?id=737

This is the product which going to use but it seems no telemetry data return to the FC.

I have configured Cuav V5nano MOT_PWM_TYPE as Dshot 600 and SERVO_BLH_ TYPE =1.

do you have any experience on single BLHeli escs and how to configure it for telemetry to be work?

You would need to use bi-dir dshot - no telemetry wire on that ESC that I can see

cuav v5 nano does support bi directional Dshot support?

Not right now - its possible to do, but not done currently

@andyp1per
I was just try to read BlHeli setting via CUAV v5 Nano FC using BlHeli 32.8.0.4 suite.
CUAV v5 Nano configured as MOT_PWM_TYPE = 6 (Dshot600) and SERVO_BLH_AUTO =1.
I can see the message tap in mission planner that configured for DSHOT as below picture RC OUT:Dshot 1-4 PWM 5-11 and all esc connected to 1 to 4 on main port of the v5nano.

then tried to read the via BlHeli suite and getting error that its not showing any esc parameter

But same configuration followed in CUAVV5+ FC and DSHOT configured from 9-12 and all esc connected to 9 -12 (AUX1 -AUX4).

when trying to read via BlHeli suite its perfectly working as expected as below you can see.

here my Question is if BLHeli32 Suite is only to configure for ESC shall i connect via CUAV V5+ and configure it.

Then those esc I can use it for CUAV v5 Nano for flying?

Motor test worked on CUAV V5 Nano then why BlHeli Suite not working.

BlHeli suite accept only Beta firmware of the Ardupilot to configure the Esc ,so after configured ESC done can i reverse the Ardupilot firmware to stable version for flying?

Yes you can do that. I don’t know why one FC is not working - probably a timing issue

after configured using CUAV v5+ and flying using CUAV v5Nano will not create no timing issue as you mention .

so no problem after configuration came back to stable firmware of Arducopter.

I use an Arduino interface board that I made to program my ESCs. I have never been able to use the FC as a passthrough

Can you send the details of which Arduino board you are using and even didn’t tried with Any CUAV autopilots?

Here is what the board looks like

What you need:

Step by step:

Make an Interface:

• Open BLHeli Suite 32 configurator,
  • Connect Arduino Uno to computer,
  • Select appropriate Port,
  • Click on Make Interface,
  • Choose board (Arduino w/ ATmega328),
  • Click on Arduino 4-way interface, OK,
  • Select hex file (4wArduino_m328P_16_MULTIv20002.hex), OPEN, YES,
  • Wait until the file loaded to the Arduino board, OK

Connecting ESC to Arduino:

• Disconnect Arduino Uno from computer,
  • Connect ESC GND to GND,
  • Connect ESC Signal to D11 (you can connect 8x ESC to D11, D10, D9, D8, A2, A3, A4, A5)

Setup your ESC:

• Reconnect Arduino to computer,
  • Power ESC with Lipo Battery,
  • Select appropriate Port,
  • Select BLHeli32 Interface (BLHeli 32 Bootloader (4way-if)),
  • Connect
  • Wait until ESC number appeared on the little boxes,
  • Check,
  • Read Setup,
  • Now you can set your ESC as you need,
  • Don’t forget to Write Setup,
  • Disconnect,
  • Done!
3 Likes

Thank you for your detailed information

2 Likes

BLHeli esc I kept long time ideal and it’s start beeping …after given motor test command it’s came to normal …

It’s normal operation?

If you have an arming switch, your ESCs beep “lack of signal” until you push it.
Motor test bypasses the arming switch.