CUAV Nora transplant on my Octo

That’s awesome. I am really enjoying the stability of the Nora. CUAV really did a great job with it

1 Like

Hi @ton999!

I had a lot of fight in my Hexa setup with Navio2+RPi3/4.

I did many tries to do first flight without pre-arm alerts or in-flight errors, like “check mag field”, “gps glitches”, “bad compass”.
My copter have a PDB under the FC board, and it can be the problem. Maybe all that errors came from noise generated in PDB.

Before removing the PDB, I decided to test a new FC (Nora) and since first time I turned Nora On I havent any glitches or errors.

There are others changes from Nora scenario to Navio2, like GPS and Compass (external in Nora). Navio2 has everything on board.

Therefore, I couldnt tell that it was a Navio2 problem. Maybe Navio2 couldn’t deal with my scenario as good as Nora does.

@dkemxr
Did you mount the Nora with damper or its hard Mount with 3m tape?

I have mine mounted on an antivibration plate using Kyosho Zeal strips

I have mounted on this kind of anti-vibration plate.

I use these and really like them

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KKB4SNI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_6CAOFb94G7T17?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Hello @smartdave, everyone!

I have been struggling with esc telemetry from Nora and unable to use the BLHeliSuite32 version 32.7.1.9 and noticed you did manage to set telemetry so I was wandering if you could share your experience and maybe help me to resolve this?

OctoQuad
8 x IFlight SucceX 60A Plus BLHeli32 ESC
8 x SunnySky V5208
2 X NEO V2
CAN PMU
6S battery
Nora FC

My Current params file.

What I am doing:
BLHeliSuite32 trying to connect

BLHeliSuite32 log is saying

All telemetry cables from each esc are connected together to RX pin of telem2 on Nora (serial2) (I have tried uart4 as well without success), I have tried serial2_protocol= 16 and 2 for MavLink2 both nothing.

I guess I am missing something in my configuration, however, can’t find it.

Sorry if I am hijacking your thread a bit, let me know if not cool and I shall open a new one…

Gal

No worries, not hijacking. Looks like you are Dshot 150 so that’s good.

Have you checked the logs to see if telemetry is being written? Have you tried to plug in via usb cable and arm then spin up the motors (REMOVE PROPS) to see is telemetry is shown?

Exactly which pin did you plug into on telem2? A Picture please

1 Like

FYI I have never been able to get the BlHeli software to connect to the ESCs through the Flight controller. I build an interface board using an arduino to program my ESCs.

If you look at the 6pin jst connector, your esc’s should be connected to the second pin after the power pin. So basically the pins are 5v tx rx xx xx xx. So connect the to the 3rd pin counting form the 5V side.

1 Like

OK,

I actually used an Nano to connect without any issues so that is covered also by you.

No ESC entries in logs.

Even though all arming checks are disabled and flight mode is stabilize, it will not let me force arm because of no 3d fix? seems weird and I can’t figure this one out.

Adding images first two are just for show off…

Gal

2 Likes

Nice craft. Can you take it outside to arm it?

1 Like

Disable Fence maybe ?

1 Like

Just went outside had a fix, armed motor started (without props) and everything works as expected but no ESC entries in log

Are those ESCs on the latest firmware?

Yes i Got it straight from IFlight

So, just to make sure I don’t have wiring issues I shall run a test with only one esc wires directly to the rx pin and see what gives. I shall disable the fence as well as @xfacta suggested and report back. Thank you all

1 Like

Let me know what you find out

Enable Fence again before flying.

Any thought on why yours wouldn’t passthru to BLHelisuite Dave?

Nope, I just could not ever get it to work on either my v5+ cube or Nano. So I gave up and built an arduino board to do it