CUAV Nora transplant on my Octo

I’ve been really impressed with the Kyosho Zeal tape so far. Lowest FC vibes I’ve ever gotten.

I just got a new package of Zeal tape today… I agree the stuff is great

2 Likes

Zeal rocks.
I used a double flight controller mount, foam tape to hold the mount in place and Kyosho for the FC.
Cut the vibes nearly in half…thanks for the inspiration @smartdave

1 Like

Finally Spent some time tuning my Nora power Octo. Ran through a .06 and a .08 AT.

It’s amazing how stable this Octo is.

Vibes are great:

Tune Looks pretty good too:

Couple of videos

Circle Mode Test:

3 Likes

Hi @smartdave, Magnificent beast and the scenery is amazing.
Looks rock solid hanging up there :raised_hands:

I’m currently also working on the same Octo Copter with a CUAV X7. Would you mind sharing your PID settings? I’d like to have a starting point.

I am actually amazed how well it flies. I had a CUAV V5 nano on there before and it did well. But not this well!

You mean this one :slight_smile:

That one is going on my Tarot 810sport Hex next :slight_smile:
Here is my Params file, You can pick what you want to copy for yours. Hope it helps

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AplYZe-uqPEBg5hqgdN3EIlCJeAuUA?e=qc2aJb

1 Like

Wow, that’s fantastic. Thanks so much for the very quick reply.

No worries. Let me know how it goes and if you need any other help

It went perfect:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ktYQ-sMUgRbvf7L1ge3liI8LCm2Z8svw/view?usp=drivesdk

Not even a single little jitter, thanks.

That looks awesome. What are the details on your build?

This is a trial for a build we are making for the Royal Irrigation Department of Thailand. Eventually, it will be a big, 25Kg MTOW Octo quad. We made our own carrier board for the X7-Pro and yesterday was the first trial for this board, but a V5 was on it. Much cheaper in case of crash, hahaha.

In Thailand, there are 2 main seasons. Rain- and dry season. So the government creates a lot of medium sized dams to collect the water during the rain season as a reserve for the dry season.

The irrigation department, responsible for the design and construction, will use that rig to do high precision 3D mapping with Lidar to find the locations for those dams. It will also be used to check existing dams.

The target is to give it a flying time of over 40 minutes.

I took only the PID settings from your file and it was spot on. Saved me at least 2 days.

1 Like

Glad I was able to help

Hello there!

Is anyone using CAN PMU SE (package included)?

Unlike CAN PMU, the SE version doesn’t come with UAVCAN cable. Only “power” cable. In this case, the setup in MP could be the same as CAN PMU?

I use it with my Nora connected to “Power C”.

Battery settings:

Capture d’écran 2020-10-08 à 16.21.58

1 Like

Thanks @mlebret! :facepunch:

I am using the CUAV CAN PMU, not the included power board

1 Like

Just for sharing, I replaced my Navio2 board by Cuav Nora + CAN GPS.

I had no more GPS glitches, no more bad compass errors \o/

I’ve got also awesome vibration levels:

1 Like

Hi @giliardi, good to hear that. Sorry I just want to confirm that you replace your Navio2 with Cuav Nora?? Does it mean that Navio2 does not perform well?? I ask this question, because I am just about to setup my Navio2 board with RP3B for a Vtol quadplane … Any issues that I should know about the Navio2 board?
Thank you for sharing your experience with Navio2+RP3B.
Tony