CUAV Core X7 and NORA experience

Did you mount it using both screws in the base? I use a bunch of these and don’t have this issue. Also I have disabled the safety switch as I am not a fan of sticking my fingers in the areas of potential blade spin

1 Like

Yeah, both screws are used. its not the base that bends, but the top where the void is. Its only after many uses 20-30+ flights and pressing down on the GPS to arm the copter. It just starts to show a slight bend or lean forward. If your arming switch is disabled on the GPS that makes sense why you haven’t had this issue… Its not a big deal and they look nice, but I’ve had to bend it back after repetitive arming’s. Its not always me flying either, the same thing has happened to others who fly the system. Again it was just more of an FYI or “food for thought”.

I would secure that GPS wiring to the mast and to the frame base plate, leave enough length for flex at the flight controller. I’ve trimmed back some of the outer insulation so there is greater length of the thin wires exposed for more flexibility.

This is exactly what I did too…

I have to ask… How hard are you pushing on the switch? :joy:

Well, figured it and here is a small blog entry I created for the solution in the hope it will help someone.
Gal

Could you please share your Battery monitor parameters?
Is using CUAV HV PMU okay? Or are the settings different?

Thanks

Here are my Nora Battery settings

Capture d’écran 2020-11-22 à 09.39.52

Nora have a CAN PMU. The is a note about CUAV HV PM here https://discuss.ardupilot.org/t/pmu-for-v5-x7-nora/60599

CUAV HV PM voltage and current settings we use with a v5 Nano are:
BATT_AMP_PERVLT,26.1686
BATT_VOLT_MULT,17.72216
These are derived from testing and calibration.

1 Like

Any one tried using the CAN PMU on Nora running PX4 and not Ardupilot???
I also used QGC, but I get all kinds of issues when I enable the CAM PMU.

I did but failed as well. It seems to me that the Nora px4 firmware does not support it.
I left a question for the experts in px4 Slack forum and in the meantime flying with the normal pmu mode

Hi,

maybe not the best place to ask, but I can’t find anything better. So the question is: what is the type of the connector for the power sockets in Nora? I’ve got the UAVCAN power module in the set, but I would want to attach another “classical” one to the another socket. And despite many attempts I can’t figure out what’s type of the connector it is?

The plug looks like this:

It is 10 mm between the 1th and the 6th pins, so the pitch is around 1.66 mm.

6 pins, 5 spaces, pitch 2mm.

Look like Dupont connector (missing the locking part).

Mini-PV/Dupont/Molex SL connectors originally created by Berg are 2.54mm or 0.1in pitch. There are 2.0mm pitch connectors such as Molex Milligrid. However I believe the connector in question is a JST-SH or a Molex CLICK-Mate. The CLICK-mate has a pitch of 1.5 and the SH has a pitch of 1.0 so I lean slightly towards the CLICK-Mate being the connector on the PCB. The other end of the cable that would plug into the autopilot is most likely a locking Milligrid, but I am not certain. @cuav Could you provide connector types on all of you diagrams please? It would really help when needing to make custom wiring harnesses.

Many thanks for your answers, but I haven’t been able to identify an exact plug type. Is this something of that kind?

https://pl.farnell.com/en-PL/molex/151098-0010/connector-housing-plug-10pos/dp/2630239

(of course here is 10pos and discontinued, but I could even cut it to fix)

You can order the cable from CUAV’s AliExpress store (Power cable connector), which is what I did. It takes a while, though. I haven’t received it yet but a month later supposedly it is in my country.

I did so, but this cable is provided only for the CAN version (which is way more expensive and also I would prefer to have one analog Power module just in case when something goes wrong with CAN)). The analog version is shipped with a standard “old” Pixhawk power connection plug, at least this was my case.

It is the good one. You can have it with 6 connectors.

https://www.molex.com/molex/products/part-detail/crimp_housings/1511000006

Hi! I’m working with X7 pro but I’m not able to monitor the battery.
Do you know if I can adapt some of these values to my set up ? (10000mAh 12S battery and X7 pro, in addition Im using the PMU SE of CUAV connected to Power C port) .
I cannot find proper documentation about how to parametrize those values. Thanks

Hi @mlebret , @xfacta ,
I have problem about the Battery remaining Indicator (In percent) that shows very fast current consumption which is NOT consistent with “battery consumed” indicator on the same display. Any idea how to solve this problem? I have tried to increase the total battery capacity parameter, but problem still exist. Anybody could help how to solve this problem? Thank you.

I have created new thread about this Battery Indicator Problem here: