Copter 4.5.3 not initializing 30% of the time on CubeOrangePlus

Hello everyone,

I have tried to search for this issue online but have not found the answer. I have been using pixhawk and ardupilot for more than 10 years so i am pretty experienced.

The problem here is at initialization of the pixhawk CubeOrangePlus running Arducopter 4.5.3.

When providing power, most of the time it initializes correctly but about 20-30% of the times it gets stuck and does not initalize, i just see the Here4 GPS LEDs flashing fast Yellow, Green and Purple.

I tried looking for that sequence here: LEDs Meaning — Copter documentation but did not find it.

Before arducopter 4.5 the initalization LEDs were RED/BLUE and i never had this problem before.

I have tried to remove all peripherals but still sometimes get this problem of ArduCopter not initializing.

MY SETUP:

• Pixhawk 2.1 ADSB with CubeOrangePlus
  • Here4 GPS
  • Powered from a 5amp power supply to POWER1 and to the rail to provide power to a single small servo for parachute

I HAVE 2 IDENTICAL SETUPS, I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM ON BOTH

MY QUESTIONS:
1 - Is this LED sequence normal for initialization in ArduCoper 4.5.3? I did not find it documented anywhere
2 - Did the process of initialization change recently in the code?
3 - Is there a way to “relax” the parameters to always pass initalization or something?
4 - Has anyone found this behavior on the same setup?

THANK YOU all for your time.
@tridge @rmackay9 @Leonardthall @rishabsingh3003

I think this is probably the gyro calibration not completing. One way for this to happen is if the FC is moving. It’s also possible that you have a bad IMU.