Copter-4.1.0-rc2 released for beta testing

Hi @Quadzilla,

PR 18576 hasn’t been merged to master yet and won’t make it into 4.1 (it will be a 4.2 enhancement I think) so it is probably unrelated…

2 Likes

V2.0.28 rc1

Testing the Control zero classic this week with a new frame " photo below" the basic test flight including maiden went well. I have a little yaw but I think its the motors to be exact that i need to smash out. Overall 4.1.0-rc2 firmware feels good Stabilize and loitor is as expected works normal. Thankful for all the work you guys do.

Setting up CZC was a simple job came with all the wires i needed .I going to order some of them fancy 4 blade props soon.

Ground effect seems to be working better now “see video when i am hovering on the bricks” :45. BTW Loitor is sweet as well.

Yes! I could up the gains a little get it to respond a bit faster.

1 Like

Hello, I just tried the Helicopter 4.1 RC2 and the RPM seems to be NOT working.
I am looking to have the internal Governor implemented by following the Esc1 Telemetry. When setting the RPM parameter to follow the Esc Telemetry, I am not able to see the rpms in the status for the RPM, but I can see the Esc1 rpm data in its status. I am using a MatekH743 and Blheli Tekko32 F3 Metal. Everything else so far is working fine! Thank you.

Hello, trying the Helicopter 4.1 RC2 in the Kakute F7 unfortunately the Heli menu is not showing up, something is wrong with the frame type menu. Thank you!

Post in the Traditional Helicopter thread.

New build today after loading into the new version of BLHSute32 via USB passthrough, motor test inside the program still is broken. Odd a year ago it did work. Since the motor layouts are for Betaflight this make is a little confusing to figure out motors numbers for simple motor direction i.e reverse. . Not being able to test inside BLH.

You are using BetaflightX as FRAME_TYPE? It’s the easiest way as most 4-in1’s are arranged that way. Or just re-map the outputs. In any case Mission Planners Motor test works.

I using the stock Ardupilot motor assignments. I feel bad for people using x8 what a mess.

OK, then just use MP Motor Test to determine direction and then use BLHelsuite to fix them if they are not. X8?

I fail to express my issue. I would like motor test to work inside BLH even if it in Betaflight config, I not sure if you know this but the FC needs to be rebooted to load back into MP to motor test. Not a very good pipeline workflow. In a way it almost makes more sense to use a soldering gun. EDIT: I think using the Config to change direction is a good option.

Remapping is not out of the question but not necessary to have to go that route.

All that you need to change can now be changed from within AP. You can use servo assignment (or frame type) to change motor order and you can use SERVO_BLH_RVMASK to change motor direction, in fact if you want to use turtle mode you must do it from within AP. You can test from within MP.

That’s super cool…

I am looking to have Motor test working inside BLH like it was back in the day to make a visual check of my rotation not really wanting to add more confusion. I understand it’s hard to program so I hope i not asking a lot.

That’s not a bad idea, I been using reverse option for one of the radio channels.

BTW did the Copter pitch comand get changed for some reason it seems backwards to me to check what i seeing use radio menu . Pushing the stick away should move the quad forward. But I think in MP the green bar should show the opposite. I ended up changing in the prams using RC_2 reversed.

I’ve always found pitch inverted - not sure what its supposed to be

I think something has changed it should be inverted in MP’s green bar. Pull back on the controler green bar moves away from the pilot or forward. I noticed this on the last build.

That would be normal or correct behavior from memory in Mission Planner. Now I think it’s swapped so the craft will come at you in the air.