Copter-4.1.0-beta3 has been release for beta testing

I just uploaded Copter-4.1.0-beta3 to my cube orange and MP crashes each time it tries to connect through USB mavlink. Does not do this on 4.0.7 nor Copter-4.1.0-beta1.

Is there somewhere that I can download the Copter-4.1.0-beta1 apj so that I can continue to work on my project? I failed to save it earlier and now beta3 crashes MP. Thanks.

Sure, here:
https://firmware.ardupilot.org/Copter/beta/

Pick the version you want.

QGroundControll will flash this also.

1 Like

@justin_holm,

No, I donā€™t think beta1 is available anywhere anymore. We only keep one beta around at a time.

Is it possible to share which version of MP you are using? Itā€™s written on the top left of the MP window.

Iā€™m using 1.3.74.1 build 1.3.7816.17147 with a cube orange and -beta3 and it seems to be OK.

I tried the Beta3 (cube orange) with the following two version of MP with the same result, crashes MP:

MP 1.3.74.1 Build 1.3.7803.12511
MP 1.3.74 Build 1.3.7563.27684

I tried the arducopter latest version from May 1, 2021 and it crashed MP as well. It seems to crash when it starts pulling all of the parameters. I have only tried through USB.

1 Like

I was having the issues after I upgraded to beta last night, it gave me the message param storage failure after I pressed calibrate compass and at the same time disconnected. I figured it was a mission planner thing. Anyway uninstalled, installed latest and its back to normal now.
Custom H7 FC, param storage is to sdcard and not flash.

Malc

I dont know if its a issue, but when connecting to mission planner using beta, it doesnā€™t show the small window with the process of loading of parameters, it goes checking mavftp and then it stays that way, it does not go to getting parameters

1 Like

The parameters load in ~3 seconds with mavftp with beta. Itā€™s not an issue itā€™s a feature.

1 Like

This feature will work with telemetry radio also or itā€™s an usb only.

1 Like

mavfpv is used for any connection. With a telemetry radio it will take a bit longer to load but much faster then before.

1 Like

Is this new in 4.1? Because i see mavftp in 4.0.7 too.

Corrado

1 Like

Not sure actually. I have been running Dev versions on so many craft for quite awhile, donā€™t recall.

1 Like

I would reconsider your stance. Once you ascend above treetops, especially at night, wind speeds can go from zero to 30+. Youā€™d never know from the ground because the winds are laminar.

@justin_holm,

Txs for the feedback re MP crashing while loading parameters. Iā€™ve seen this a few times now as well and I think @meee1 is looking into it. Itā€™s also on the 4.1 issues list so it wonā€™t be forgotten.

@justin_holm,

@meee1 (aka Michael Oborne) tells me that he thinks heā€™s fixed all the MP param load issues in the latest beta. Iā€™ve lightly tested and it seems OK to me now.

By the way, the latest beta MP can be downloaded by opening MPā€™s Help screen, then select ā€œCheck for BETA Updatesā€ and after a few minutes it should be updated (you may need to press a confirmation near the end of the process).

1 Like

@rmackay9,
Iā€™ve tested three different versions today, Itā€™s still crashing. image
Can you tell me which version you used?

@XinChengGe,

Iā€™m on the last one on your list and I also had it evaporate once last night but not again today. @meee1 requested some windows event logs from me so Iā€™ve sent that and hopefully this will help get to the bottom of it.

Sorry for suggesting itā€™s all fixed when it appears itā€™s not completely fixed.

Alright, I can reproduce it everytime, Just let me know If you need any help.

1 Like

@XinChengGe, txs, Iā€™ve passed this onto @meee1 and the ā€œMP evaporationā€ is back on the 4.1 issues list so it wonā€™t be forgotten.

@rmackay9 Oh myā€¦ forgot to say, Itā€™s only happened on telemetry, USB is fine

1 Like