Copter-4.0.7 stable released!

Thanks for this update! Fix 4 looks like it will help me avoid issues when I upgrade my Solo to the experimental mRo M9 GPS.

A big thanks to all involved developers!
I just completed a couple of test flights with 4.0.7 on my Tarot 650. Lidarlite, Px4flow, IR-Lock, ADSB, a TX2 connected via APsync and MavROS - all systems work well. Copter flies rock stable and smooth.

3 Likes

After the Update i don’t get telemetry data from the ESCs anymore, if i flash it back to 4.0.5 it works again
Anyone else with the same issue?

@pkocmoud can you help @Daniel_Met out? He is having problems with https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/16638

@Daniel_Met - Which board are you having trouble with?

Hi Philip,
im using the mro F7 board.
The other issue i have with the board with 4.0.5 i have described here

Hello after the update to stable 4.0.7 the motor test is not working properly. when I test the motors one by one motor A cannot be tested. Testing all motors works ok. In particular testing motor A rotates motor C, testing motor B is ok, testing motor C ok, testing motor D is ok. testing the motors in sequence gives the same problem. Have you noticed a similar behavior or have an indication for the problem.

It will run in sequence (A,B,C,D…) if you press the “Test All In Sequence” button. Starting from The Front Right Motor (A). It won’t run in Motor Output number order.

1 Like

I build a new Copter based on Matek H743-SLIM.
In Loiter mode after a while (about 10-20 min) the copter tilts forward and flies away.
After deactivating IMU0/ICM20602 all is fine.
I think this is the same issue with ICM20602 AccelY offset which was fixed with 4.1.0 some days ago … and is btw working fine with my 4.1.0-dev rover toys.
FC/AHRS_ORIENTATION is mounted 90 deg CW, so it tilts to the front and not to the left.

Will there be a backport of the PR to 4.0.7? And perhaps also for the plane release?

1 Like

What PR was that, do you have a number for me to look at?

1 Like
1 Like

@amilcarlucas @tridge IMU2 in Cube Orange is the ICM20602. I am afraid to fly my drones now. Unless you are planning for a 4.0.8 release, this must be backported. Any suggestion?

1 Like

Can you create a PR against the Copter-4.0 branch?

I backported the bugfix on top of 4.0.7. Can anyone test it? I do not have the hardware to do it

2 Likes

@amilcarlucas I can give it a try. Where can I get the APJ file for MatekH743?
I’m not able to compile by myself.

@amilcarlucas thank you very much! I will give a try and report back as soon as possible.

So… is there an ICM-20602 accelerometer bug present in 4.0.7 ?

I’m trying to commit an Orange Cube to a build and I’d hate to collect its remains from the field in a bag.

1 Like

Did anyone test my bugfix? If no one is willing to test… It can not be merged!

Have been flying it for the last week or so on an orange cube, will write my toughts on github as soon as i get my login infos back, i can’t find them anywhere.

1 Like

I’m willing to test, but need an APJ file for Matek H743.
Where can I find the APJ file?

1 Like