Copter-4.0.7 stable released!

Have been flying it for the last week or so on an orange cube, will write my toughts on github as soon as i get my login infos back, i can’t find them anywhere.

1 Like

I’m willing to test, but need an APJ file for Matek H743.
Where can I find the APJ file?

1 Like

@amilcarlucas
I have flown AC.4.0.7 on Frame class as quad and frame typa as 13 (DJIX) many time without any issue.

But to when I trying to takeoff it was flipped then I have checking the configuration,noticed that it has changed to quad + configuration automatically.this problem still exists.

Hardware CUAV V5+ Autopilot running on AC 4.0.7

In future firmware can be add prearm check for Frame class and frame type to check before takeoff for this kind of problem to avoid.

@kalai1219 send us the contents of your APM/STRG_BAK directory on the microSD card so we can analyse the corruption that happened.

@amilcarlucas
Here is the file you asked for
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QoLGFW_StHpju8ER6j4MDZd4ceaUmkOg/view?usp=drivesdk
I don’t know which file to send so I send whole STRG_BAK folder.

@amilcarlucas @Michael_Oborne @rmackay9
Futher test I done with same method and I noticed that, when i set frame type to 13 ( DJIX) write parameter done then go to setup page frame type ( nothing changed here ) then again read full parameter list , frame type changed to 0 (quad + configuration).

Each time it’s changed only when I set frame type to 13 .if I set frame type to 1 (X configuration) it doesn’t change anything even I go to set-up frame type pages.

Whether it’s AC firmware issue or mission planner creating issue.

@amilcarlucas @Michael_Oborne @rmackay9

Kindly any one look into this strange issue please .

I think this is the problem might get happend here.

1 Like

For a newcomer to Ardupilot can you explain, please, the difference between “copter 4.0.7 HEX”, which is what I installed in my hexcopter a couple of weeks ago from MP v1.3.70 (I think), and “copter 4.0.7 OFFICIAL” which appears in the Install Firmware menu of v1.3.74 of MP. The main list of copter downloads only shows “stable - 4.0.7”, so are the HEX and OFFICIAL versions simply different names for the same thing?

The information is there:

https://ardupilot.org/dev/docs/pre-built-binaries.html#file-types

Thanks mlebret. I understand about stable, beta, etc. But my question is about the different names “4.0.7 HEX” and “4.0.7 OFFICIAL” (for a hexcopter) which are used in recent different versions of MP.

I don’t see those anymore but when they were present they were all OFFICIAL (Stable) versions and I think they just pre-configured the FRAME_CLASS parameter. I think now that parameter is at 0 and messages as UNKOWN until you set it.

2 Likes

Thanks Dave. In the MP version I was using until yesterday, the label under the hex picture in that screenshot was “4.0.7 Hex” (IIRC), so on installing the updated MP yesterday I was wondering whether I needed to reinstall firmware because of the different name. I guess the title doesn’t matter, for it’s just a shortcut that takes me to the 4.0.7 download page?

1 Like

It may not matter which one of those Multirotor Icons you click on now. I selected the X8 on a bench FC and it loaded with FRAME_CLASS unkown. I then tried to load the Hex looking one and it said “Firmware already on the FC” so no different. On Boot have the messages screen open and read what messages are presented. It will say what Frame type is configured along with a bunch of other useful info.

2 Likes

Yes @dkemxr is correct. All the multicopter icons actually download the same firmware. I’d like to get rid of them all but the small blocker is that if users want to go back to very old versions (e.g. 3.4.6) then they do need to select the correct icon. Perhaps after 4.1 goes out we can decide that enough time has gone by that we can ask users who want really old versions to download them directly from firmware.ardupilot.org.

I am also waiting for this to be resolved. My H743 is a paperweight at the moment

Blockquote@amilcarlucas @tridge IMU2 in Cube Orange is the ICM20602. I am afraid to fly my drones now. Unless you are planning for a 4.0.8 release, this must be backported. Any suggestion?

did you eventually tried flying with 4.0.7 with the Cube Orange?
have any insights about it?

@RWSD I’ve been flying 4.0.7 on Cube Orange since last week. The problem didn’t show up, but my concern is that it does use the same sensor reported as problematic on Matek boards.

@rmackay9 Do you have an estimate when 4.1 will be out?

@samucs

We’re hoping to start beta testing of Copter-4.1 early next week after the developer un-conference this weekend.

1 Like