Copter-4.0.0-rc5 available for beta testing!

Before I revert back to a previous release for testing, has current scaling for Battery Monitor been changed at all? The FC is telling me that I’m drawing about 25% more current than normal with no changes to the aircraft since RC-3. Voltage however, is consistent with previous flights. Had an RTL with 3.8 volts left on each cell and the FC reporting <24% current capacity on my 6s battery and Mauch PL line sensor. I have flown this configuration many, many times and pretty consistently get to 3.6 volts per cell before RTL. I have double checked battery monitor calibration values and RTL values and they have not changed except for Reserve MAH which has changed from 2500 to 2400 since the RC5 upgrade. Edit: I compared voltage with a calibrated meter after landing to make sure the voltage sensor wasn’t reading high.

I swear I loaded -rc5 ontop of 3.6.6. And I experienced a GCS failsafe today… I checked the FS_GCS and it was 1.

@wn0x,

We’ve got an issue here to update MP’s extended tuning page so hopefully at least some of that will be sorted out before Copter-4.0.0 becomes the stable version…

@ThePara,

We’ve changed the FS_GCS_ENABLE parameter’s default to 0 but if a user has manually changed the parameter then it will stay at the value they set it to. So perhaps at some point you manually set it to 1?

@wn0x,

There was a change to the CUAV V5 Nano battery monitor parameter defaults but that should not have affected other boards (including the CubeOrange which I think you are using).

I don’t immediately have a Cube Orange to test with but I tested -rc3 with a CubeBlack and it’s battery monitor parameter defaults hadn’t changed between -rc3 and -rc5.

1 Like

Thanks @rmackay9. I’ll keep testing. This is a new Tattu battery and existing Mauch PL sensor that I have a lot of confidence in, but you never know…

1 Like

Anyone know why new versions aren’t being built for the kakute f7 mini?

All I can think of is https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/13122 ?
I noticed this was missing a few weeks back, maybe it matters?

It’s here:

https://firmware.ardupilot.org/Copter/beta/KakuteF7Mini-heli/

For Trade Heli, Copter still says Rc2

@wicked1, @andyp1per,

Thanks very much for the report of the Kakutef7mini not being built. Tridge has looked into it and it’s apparently because the firmware is slightly too large and this is because the compile upgrade wasn’t applied everywhere. I’m afraid this will trigger an -rc6 but hopefully that will go out today.

Sorry, I haven’t observed the phenomenon of copter, I only pay attention to the information of heli firmware, sorry!

@wicked1, @andyp1per, @zhangsir, the KakuteF7mini has built now that -rc6 is out. Thanks again!

2 Likes

Ah that makes sense! I took out HAL_MINIMIZE_FEATURES because it just fit, but of course I was using the 6.3.1 compiler.

My quad is pretty well tuned, and with the dynamic notch filter in place I tried to see what autotune does.

What id did, is very weird. It was unflyable while I was trying the newly tuned PIDs, and it didn’t revert to previous values upon canceling the test. So I had to land it badly oscillating on both axes. Experience and luck made for a picture-perfect landing, but it took a bit of sweating.

[LE] Looking at the start of autotune, DesRoll looks strange for the first set of twitches.

@wicked1, @andyp1per, @zhangsir, if you have access to a KakuteF7mini, could you possibly give -rc6 a test to make sure it seems to work?

@rmackay9
I will test the flight of 4.0rc6 on KakuteF7mini as soon as possible!

1 Like

It works.

I’m having a lot of trouble w/ my kakute f7 mini, but I think it’s hardware related, like a faulty IMU… Gyro bias is increasing a LOT, and it leans to the side to the point it has a crash/disarm… Even sitting on the ground sometimes! But, it was that way w/ rc2, too.

I was able to take a flight in stabilize. I can’t do auto modes on this one, as I got constant EKF variance errors.
(I ordered another one today, so will be able to swap it out next week)

I did put rc6 on my omnibus nano, too, and it is fine, Stabilize, loiter, auto tested.

1 Like

@rmackay9

Simply tested the K120 and KakuteF7mini’s optical flow Loiter mode on the 4.0rc6 firmware in the room, and everything felt normal.

1 Like

@wicked1, ok, thanks for the report. If you have a log we can have a look and see if it’s an IMU issue or not.