Copter-3.6.5 released!

Yes, it overides WP_SPEED and will fly at the new speed set by the DO command until another one is executed as I recall. I looked at an old WP file and I had speed in the 2nd column. Try it in SITL and see.

1 Like

Just upgraded to 3.6.5 and it seems the dataflash log download is so slow now. Anyone else experiencing this?

and then it loses connection by itself.

(Fix) Connected the battery and the log downloaded like normal.

1 Like

@rmackay9 should i do any additional testing or data capturing? run something in debug? Trying to see how to help make some progress on this. Create an issue on git?
thanks!

@henrik04, @dkemxr,

FYI weā€™ve got a fix coming in 3.6.6 that will change this behaviour so that do-change-speed commands will not directly change the WPNAV_SPEED parameter. Instead the new speed will only persist until the vehicle exits Auto mode.

Also by the way, the 1st column affects what speed is affected. So 1=horizontal, 2 = speed upwards, 3 = speed downwards.

@maciek01,

I think I will need some help from @tridge to get to the bottom of this. One thing that is making it difficult is that we canā€™t reproduce it (two of us have tried). Iā€™ve added the issue to our Copter-3.6 issues list so we wonā€™t forget about itā€¦ but I think I need some help from other devs more familiar with the low-level code to get to the bottom of it.

1 Like

Thanks Randy. Iā€™m still not clear on the configuration for the columns for the command. Placing the horizontal speed in the second column with the 1st column at 0 changes the horizontal speed but Iā€™m not getting expected behavior for vertical speed in the SITL so I must be getting it wrong. Enter a value of 1-3 in column 1 to specify the mode and then the speed in column 2? Or using 3 columns?

@rmackay9 thank you. If you guys have a ā€˜debugā€™ version of the f/w that logs to the card during the init time (or information how to build one) i am happy to upload and send the results. The issue is definitely occurring during the init time as ECSs never get initialized.

BTW, for my own sanity sake i built 365 branch locally as well uploaded apj file and got the same error. trying to see which incremental change may have caused this issue.

And as i had a sick day off today i did the binary search on commits between 3.6.4 and 3.6.5 and found the commit which broke matek compass support.

broken repo state:

due to this commit:

Unfortunately its a huge commit so cant really gradually track it down by partial compiles.

The last good repo state for matek was:

1 Like

@rmackay9

WPNAV_SPEED parameters first column:
What about 0 = all ? (Just a thought)ā€¦and 1=horizontal, 2 = speed upwards, 3 = speed downwards :slight_smile:

Thank you so much Randy ! This is great news!

Cheers
Henri

1 Like

@henrik04,

It looks like we actually accept both ā€œ0ā€ and ā€œ1ā€ as meaning horizontal speedā€¦and the number is actually specified in the mavlink spec for the DO_CHANGE_SPEED command. ā€œ0ā€ = ā€œairspeedā€, ā€œ1ā€ = ground speed, etcā€¦

@rmackay9

So if one wants same new speed up, down and horizontal, should align three different commands?

@henrik04, yes, Iā€™m afraid soā€¦

@henrik04,

Oh wait sorry! Iā€™ve just realised that the ability to set the vertical speed is not included in Copter-3.6. Itā€™s only in 3.7. We may include it in a point release because itā€™s tied in with the RTL_SPEED bug but I canā€™t make any promises because the merges from master back to 3.6 are becoming quite difficult.

Just finished a new x8 build using mRo 777 all seems well.

3d conceptual art:

1 Like

I did some testing of the stable v3.6.5 copter release on a Pixhawk v2.4.8 setup. No issues seen. Love the SD Card reliability improvements! Great work!

1 Like

@rmackay9 any hopes for a fix fox matek405wing/beitian 880 combo?
again i can offer to test/validate at individual source code change level (recompile) if trial and error is the best option at the moment.

@maciek01, Itā€™s still on our 3.6 to-do list but not much progress has been made. Iā€™ll bring it up again at the weekly meeting and see if we can get someone to look into it more.

1 Like

@maciek01,

I just wanted to let you know that we havenā€™t forgotten about this problem and Iā€™ve finally been able to reproduce it. Iā€™ll chat with Tridge tomorrow and hopefully we can get to the bottom of it in time for Copter-3.6.7.

1 Like

Great - thanks, truly appreciate!

@maciek01,

Weā€™ve got a fix now as well so I expect we will start the 3.6.7 beta by the end of the week. Txs for the report and details higher up in this thread!

1 Like

thanks. i see the fix. happy to validate it once it hits the branch