Copter-3.6.4 released!

Brandon,

Using Ctrl-Q from the Install Firmware screen in MP loads “latest” which is the bleeding edge code which hasn’t gone through any beta testing so in general we don’t recommend flying “latest”. The fixes are in Copter-3.6.5-rc2 (the beta) now so I think using the “Beta firmwares” button is a far better idea.

1 Like

Hi I moved back. Frame: OCTA_QUAD
fmuv3 002D002F 3335510F 38343436
ChibiOS: d2030d88
ArduCopter V3.6.5-rc2 (3314b62f)

No Radio contact using SRXL but i think SRXL was added in the new dev build.
Will test PPM next.

PPM working …

ChibiOS: d2030d88
ArduCopter V3.6.5-rc2 (3314b62f)

1 Like

Good day.
On firmware 3.6.4. My quadrocopter flipped over two times in mode Autotune.:sob: For the first time after 30 seconds. For the second time I turned over when I made deflections back and forth, in about 5 minutes. Be careful ! 3 times I will be setting up manually. Standard quadcopter with screws 14x.5.5

hello ,am I missing something in 3.6.4. chibiOS , OCTA_QUAD ,

battery monitor is not supported ?

Hi @Drvic, try setting the BATT_MONITOR parameter to 3 or 4 and/or try updating the mission planner and I think it should work.

@Amozov_x, the most common cause of a flip during AutoTune is an ESCs sync issue. I.e. an ESC/motor stops because it’s being worked fairly hard during the test. It may also help to double check what throttle level the motors start spinning at using the MP’s motor test feature.

So for example, it might be good to check that they all start spinning at the same throttle level. If they don’t then the ESCs probably need to be recalibrated. if the MOT_SPIN_MIN parameter has been reduced from it’s default it might also be good to increase it. This parameter allows the user to set the minimum speed that a motor will spin at once armed. If it’s too low then a motor may stop in flight. Of course, becareful not to set it too high or the vehicle will have trouble descending.

1 Like

@rmackay9
I tried the motor test. All motors start when it costs 15%.
Tried to change the parameter MOT_SPIN_MIN. His change does not change anything for me.
Calibrated again regulators. I don’t know yet whether it is worth trying automatic tuning again.:confused:
I already ran out of spare rays and chassis:rofl:

@Amozov_x,

ok 15% is quite high. Has an ESC calibration been done on this vehicle?

tnx., its working now

@rmackay9
Yes.Calibration is done

@Amozov_x,

Ok, that means that the ESCs have a very large deadband and the MOT_SPIN_MIN and MOT_SPIN_ARM values will need to be higher than the defaults. MOT_SPIN_MIN is normally 0.15 (15%) but you’ll probably want to make it 0.17 to ensure the motors don’t stop in flight.

TBH, I’m sceptical that the ESCs have such a large deadband… 5% to 7% is pretty normal but 15% is very unusual.

1 Like

@rmackay9

I have a DJi E800 kit. On the old firmware, the quadcopter coups were not in Autotune mode. I do not remember what was the firmware. Like 3.5.7 or 3.5.2.

Now I set the parameter: MOT_SPIN_MIN to 0.17. Try again Autotune mode.

@Amozov_x, OK great. My guess is that the ESCs actually can’t be calibrated but it’s just a guess. the MOT_PWM_MIN/MAX parameters can also be used to manually set the minimum and maximum output range sent to the ESCs.

@rmackay9

Calibration is great. When controlled from the transmitter, the motors begin to spin immediately when the stick is deflected. So it is not clear. Why, when conducting a test of engines through a mission, they start spinning with 15%.:thinking:

@Amozov_x Is the ESC type set correctly in the ESC calibration page?

@Amozov_x,

If you’re testing using Stabilize mode then the MOT_SPIN_MIN or MOT_SPIN_ARMED parameters are compensating for the large deadzone. I suspect if you can somehow directly connect a receiver to the ESC you’ll see the deadzone with the transmitter.

@rmackay9
I connected the speed controllers separately only through the receiver. Yes, they begin to rush from the transmitter, too, with a percentage of 15%. Calibrated all separately. Nothing changed. Increased the MOT_SPIN_MIN parameter to 0.17. In the near future I will go to test on the field.:grimacing:

@rmackay9 I set the parameter MOT_SPIN_MIN parameter to 0.17. Got out the other day on the field. Made avtotyun. But the wind was strong. It’s all good. The quadcopter didn’t roll over yet.