Copter-3.6.4 released!

Yep confirmed with 2 PixRacer update today, easy and smooth migration to chibios

2 Likes

Hi Lee,
I’ve just check with MP and I’ve found 2 versions that works for the BlHeli_S passthrough, the string plotted by MP after connection is the only firmware version I’m able to give you:
ArduCopter V3.6-dev (6185d288) some minor issues
ArduCopter V3.6-dev (a0d874ba) this one seems to works even better

I hope it could help you!

1 Like

Ok that sounds good, I already upgraded to 3.6.4 with nuttX so maybe I’ll wait until 3.6.5 comes out to switch over. Either way it’ll happen. Thanks!

Hello, I recently got a PixracerR-15 from mRo for a y-6 copter build and noticed my Spektrum AR7700 and the DX8 will not communicate to Mission Planner in ChibiOS, Radio is binded but no green bars in Ground control software … as a test I flashed current firmware Nuttx and the Spectrum equipment connected fine. Can we add this to the issues for review?

Hello,

It could be a bug with Oneshot125 activation.

https://discuss.ardupilot.org/t/copter-3-6-4-oneshot125-not-enabled/37067

With Arducopter 3.5.7, when MOT_PWM_TYPE is set to 2, RCout status display a value between 125 and 250, same result when looking RCOU in log.

Oneshot125RCOU

With Arducopter 3.6.2, 3.6.4 or 3.7.0dev, RCout is in the range 1000-2000

My card is a Navio2,

Thanks,

Marc

I am encountering problems with radio calibration. When I calibrate the TRIM values on many of the RC channels are set too low i.e. between ~800 and ~950 resulting in warning about trim being lower than min. I had to go in and manually set the trim values to 1500, which may not be optimal.

I am using Taranis X9D plus running open tx version 2.2.2

its a Mission planner bug, update the the latest beta

1 Like

Same here! I input the trim values manually!

@Quadzilla,

I was wondering if you could try Copter-3.6.5-rc2 to see if the Spektrum/DX8 works OK? This will be out tomorrow I think.

Will do! I moving to SRXL as well.

Frame: OCTA_QUAD
fmuv3 002D002F 3335510F 38343436
ChibiOS: 35ad8a79
ArduCopter V3.7.0-dev (99120cdd)
u-blox 1 HW: 00080000 SW: ROM CORE 3.01 (107888)

Tested: Spektrum AR77700 with DX8 Pixhawk classic. Radio connected ok flight modes working ok.

I was told that I should get the testing firmware by using " CTRL Q" and not through MP Beta Firmware button is this right? I seem to be using ArduCopter V3.7.0-dev (99120cdd).

Brandon,

Using Ctrl-Q from the Install Firmware screen in MP loads “latest” which is the bleeding edge code which hasn’t gone through any beta testing so in general we don’t recommend flying “latest”. The fixes are in Copter-3.6.5-rc2 (the beta) now so I think using the “Beta firmwares” button is a far better idea.

1 Like

Hi I moved back. Frame: OCTA_QUAD
fmuv3 002D002F 3335510F 38343436
ChibiOS: d2030d88
ArduCopter V3.6.5-rc2 (3314b62f)

No Radio contact using SRXL but i think SRXL was added in the new dev build.
Will test PPM next.

PPM working …

ChibiOS: d2030d88
ArduCopter V3.6.5-rc2 (3314b62f)

1 Like

Good day.
On firmware 3.6.4. My quadrocopter flipped over two times in mode Autotune.:sob: For the first time after 30 seconds. For the second time I turned over when I made deflections back and forth, in about 5 minutes. Be careful ! 3 times I will be setting up manually. Standard quadcopter with screws 14x.5.5

hello ,am I missing something in 3.6.4. chibiOS , OCTA_QUAD ,

battery monitor is not supported ?

Hi @Drvic, try setting the BATT_MONITOR parameter to 3 or 4 and/or try updating the mission planner and I think it should work.

@Amozov_x, the most common cause of a flip during AutoTune is an ESCs sync issue. I.e. an ESC/motor stops because it’s being worked fairly hard during the test. It may also help to double check what throttle level the motors start spinning at using the MP’s motor test feature.

So for example, it might be good to check that they all start spinning at the same throttle level. If they don’t then the ESCs probably need to be recalibrated. if the MOT_SPIN_MIN parameter has been reduced from it’s default it might also be good to increase it. This parameter allows the user to set the minimum speed that a motor will spin at once armed. If it’s too low then a motor may stop in flight. Of course, becareful not to set it too high or the vehicle will have trouble descending.

1 Like

@rmackay9
I tried the motor test. All motors start when it costs 15%.
Tried to change the parameter MOT_SPIN_MIN. His change does not change anything for me.
Calibrated again regulators. I don’t know yet whether it is worth trying automatic tuning again.:confused:
I already ran out of spare rays and chassis:rofl: