Copter-3.6.0-rc9 available for beta testing

Those parameters are for the Altitude Hold control loop which is used for the assisted modes. Surely you know that in Stabilize you are not limited to the PILOT_SPEED parameters. 250 cm/sec? Full throttle in Stabilize applies full power (well, MOT_SPIN_MAX anyway) to the motors while trying to stabilize the craft.

Andy,
It sounds like perhaps the wrong firmware was loaded on your board. Can I ask how you loaded the firmware? Did you just select Beta from either MP or QGC or did you go and manually download the firmware from firmware.ardupilot.org?

Tomasz,
It sounds like this is a new vehicle that you’re setting up and you haven’t used AP very much. It would be best if for now you stuck with the official release, get the vehicle flying and then move to the beta. Sorry to be strict but we need to separate user setup issues from beta firmware issues or our release procedure will be dragged out much longer than it shoudl be.

Ok thx.
I built a small test vehicle
I want to get to know the software well before I put them on a big vehicle ( T960)
regards

1 Like

Hi Rob, I loaded using latest MP and selected beta firmwares. I then got a dialog asking “Load ChiBIOS” which I clicked. Going back to Nuttx was a similar procedure.

may I ask, if there are plans to do anything against this:

I have seen this issue, and the response to it,

and now wonder if, for Copter3.6.0, the make path will be cured.

I note that all was working fine until up to Copter-3.6.0-rc7 (last I tested) and would find it a bit strange that one would break apart the build chains during the beta phase of a major release.

A short comment on how that’s going to proceed would be much appreciated

Thx, Olli

Oh damn. I never did anyway change any of those parameters. Always assumed that only in acro mode, the MOT_SPIN_MAX was for full throttle, since Acro has no assistance from the copter. Thank you so much for clearing that up.

Olliw,

Perhaps not the greatest answer but how about using “make px4-v3”? In my opinion there are actually not that many boards out there that suffer from the 1MB limit. I’ve got one or two in my large stash of flight controllers but still, it’s a shrinking percentage of boards with the issue…

hey Randy, many thx for the response

unfortunately I still mostly use a AUAV-X2 with an older STM chip subject to the USB bug thing, i.e. 1M limit, i.e. px4-v2

I perfectly understand that you guys eventually will (have to) abandon the make path.

I would have thought though that this is not going to happen until AC3.6.0 has been published, I mean, it worked until rc7, I have not seen an official statement that it has been abandoned, and the wiki still gives the impression it is a supported path, which makes it a bit of a “catch folks by surprise” approach to the crossover.
I looked at it a bit, and must admit that I don’t understand what’s going on. APM_Config.h is included in config.h which is included in Copter.h, so it’s somewhat of a mystery to me how it’s possible that the entries in APM_Config.h are just ignored (I have also put them directly in Copter.h which also didn’t work)(and again, in rc7 it is working).
Anyway, if you guys have decided to not support make any further now, I would wish that you would clearly announce and reflect this in your documentations
(and possibly better describe how the feature-control flags should be enabled/disabled now, the comment in APM_Config.h is a bit confusing).
My guess is however that it can be just a “tiny line” somewhere which is the culprit.

no, it was all my fault, see below

Thx, Olli

Hey Randy

I am so deeply sorry, it was all my fault!

I did compile for ArduPilot and not ArduCopter. Last time, few months ago, I changed the path in Eclipse to ArduPlane, and I totally forgot about that. Compiling Copter 3.6rc10 for px4-v2 with make works all fine.

Please accept my apologies. Wasn’t my best performance.
Thx, Olli