Copter-3.6.0-rc2 available for beta testing

Paul, I saw you question and on a PixRacer you only set the MOT_PWM_TYPE parameter to “4” to enable D-Shot 150. If you look carefully at the Wiki they only mention the need to change outputs and alter settings for PixHawk type boards. You don’t need to alter the individual port settings (33,34,35,36) on a “PixRacer”; as it doesn’t have the same hardware (an additional co - processor) as on a Pixhawk. I am guessing in the future that may change for Pixhawk; we will just have to check the Wiki as additional releases come out… FYI, on my PixHawk machine, I moved the ESC’s to the AUX ports and changed settings, as per the Wiki, and it worked just fine.
Joe

Is it only me observing that issue - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/issues/8314 ?

Hello Sergey, tested on Pixhawk 2.1 with Motors on AUX-Out Oneshot125. Servo on Main-Out work,

• ChibiOS, Pixhawk 2.1, KISS esc32, Oneshot smooth Motor - Dshot Motors doesn’t run smooth and more Vibrations compared to Oneshot125
  • with Dshot or Oneshot I’m not able to use Relay-Pin

RTL reposition work :grinning:
New Loiter :grinning:
Autotune need less time to finish
NLon max 1 :grinning: with 3.5.5 I had about 800 High NLon and MaxT copter 3.5.5
MaxT below 3000 :grinning:

1 Like

Thank you, I have that issue on Pixracer that has no separate aux and main outputs. Just 6 out pins. So looks like you cannot use Oneshot125 on 1-4 outs with usual PWM on 5-6.

I just concerned by the fact the issue wasn’t got any label in github, so may be this is something related to my config?

with RC1 on Pixhawk-Mini I have the same.
https://discuss.ardupilot.org/t/copter-3-6-0-rc1-available-for-beta-testing/28285/8
Maybe its related to this
https://discuss.ardupilot.org/t/copter-3-6-0-rc1-available-for-beta-testing/28285/36
I guess the dev team know that issue

I can’t find the directory for 3.6-rc1 hex and would like to look at something after updating to rc2 yesterday.

Can someone help me locate this file directory and link it here. I looked and looked.

Thank you.

If you want the ChibiOS version, I have it downloaded from before MP had the option to choose.

Now, I’ve read left and right that 3.6 has support for ESC telemetry from BlHeli_32, and I’ve got Wraith_32’s on my machine. It also has the Mauch sensor on the LiPo input, with its proven precise readings. How does the ESC telemetry get factored in !? Is it worth connecting it - and is there a how-to guide anywhere ?
I have the older, shunt-based ESCs, and the new Metal V2s with hall sensors are the first entry on my shopping list…

Hi I was looking for the hex version or what they call Nuttx 3.6-rc1 but thank you. Here is the information on esc’s http://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/common-dshot.html?highlight=chibios

i now see why upload beta from MP could be a bad idea. there is no fallback option to compare notes making testing risky if there is a bad build you have to stop testing and go back to master. I found out the hard way during a esc issue. For the testers it would be good to have clear file location information of the RC files. with a fallback option if needed. this is normal when testing firmware on CNC’s. I also understand how hard of a job this is and am thankful for the code.

I decided to fly 3.6rc-2 nuttx today and it’s working better possibly it was a temperature issue as it now getting summertime heat outdoors. Does anyone know if I can get the firmware off the sim card for documentation? or the directory path MP is using. I assume it is http://firmware.ardupilot.org/Copter/beta/PX4/

@rmackay9; PROBLEM WITH POLYGON FENCE 3.6.0-rc2.
Under 3.6.0 rc-2 NuttX and ChibiOS on Pixhawk quads. Also saw this in rc1 as well, but thought it may be Mission Planner issue, or improper set up by me, at that time. Tried flying with both Stable and Latest Beta MP used for setup and flight monitoring with same problems. Pretty sure I had same issue while testing my Pixracer setup earlier, but didn’t keep careful notes.

Under both NuttX and ChbiOS downloads of 3.6.0 rc-2; “Circle and Altitude” fence work OK in test flights,
by either stopping at boundary or, if I force a breach, entering RTL.

If I switch to POLYGONE (All setting) as Fence action, it immediately starts throwing errors, not even allowing me to arm as I get " Fence Breach" or “Polygon Boundary Invalid” messages in MP. Tried multiple fence setups, tried to insure that I powered and armed when GPS had settled and wasn’t jumping outside fence ( as on cold starts of GPS), also powering up insuring I was well inside fence, all with no luck.
Rolling back to 3.5 software, the Polygon (“All” setting) works as expected with no issues- so pretty sure it isn’t me. I have confirmed in “Full Parameters” list that things are set correctly for what I am doing.

I may try to set Logging to “while unarmed” , but I have winds today of 25~35 Mph and I may not get -or be brave enough- to log another flight.

Thanks,
Joe

1 Like

JoeB, thanks for the report on the polygon fence! We’ve replicated the issue and @chobitsfan has a fix that I’ve merged and will go out with-rc3 in a week or so.

Brandon,

Thanks for the report on the missing ChibiOS githash in the dataflash logs. I’ve created an issue here for it and hopefully @tridge, @bugobliterator or one of the other working on the ChibiOS items will take care of it.

Brandon,

I’ve re-created Copter-3.6.0-rc1 here if you’re still looking for it. In general I’d like to move forward so hopefully we can find and address any issues you’re finding with -rc2.

Note that this is not the exact binary that was distributed before. Instead i recreated it on my own PC.

1 Like

@Quadzilla,

I’ve reproduced the ESC calibration issue and with some help from @OXINARF we have a PR to fix this. Assuming it gets through the peer review this will be included in -rc3 in a week or so.

Thanks you! it is more of a osd thing for me I can fall back and still fly compare flight handling. RC-2 Nuttx is flying better and the pre arm warning seemed to have settled down Hud seems to be saving level information after re calabration. I totally agree about moving forward. I will install rc-2 on my second quad cube octo next knowing i can fallback if necessary then the back to test ChibiOS rc-2.

Testing Cube chibiOS r-2 on my octo craft flew well, gps lock ok. Placeded octo inside on the bench. Hud starts to freak out show swimming rocking horizon line and altitude change altho craft is perfectly still after a min or two Hud stabilizes. see video:

" https://www.dropbox.com/s/ge2g1cty7d4f3bw/IMG_1583.MOV?dl=0 "

Also arming craft on/with radio shows green lights activation on the here before arming switch on the here is pressed… not sure if that’s an issue but think it should be same as pre armed?

Ran RC2 on the Skyviper tonight and everything ran great!

I do still have a PR pending though for adding the SV’s factory battery failsafe parameters to the “new” batt failsafe parameters.

1 Like

Just flew the Cube-Spektreworks Octo rc-2 chi one more time I still get the errors when moving the craft indoors slow hub ect suspect compass. but man it flies like in zero gravity floating so nice even in stabilize.