I have a Quad with a Pixhawk and Taranis. and a servo gimble for the Lidar Lite. Since I downloaded V.3.5rc1 the Tilt(Pitch) .gimbal is reversed. In the Mission Planer gimbal setup page the does not let you reverse it. Also it looks like that page does not control the setup any more.
Any help please
did notice a bit of toilet bowl in loiter and was flying at an angle in loiter after a a minute or so everything sorted itself out. Tried Polygon fence and in Stabilize and Althold to Quad performed a RTL without any problem but in loiter the quad just bumped into the fence and didn’t perform RTL.
See log below
Battery failsafe works
Pos Hold works but did notice a bit of toilet bowl if i stopped quickly.
Think the toilet bowl is more a problem with my setup
AltHold : Worked
RTL : Worked Well, on target.
Land: worked well
Stabilize: worked well - but wanted to spin on the horiz on liftoff, it acutally spun maybe 60deg while lifting.
PosHold : Worked well
Accelerometer Calibration - OK, but took almost a minute to set.
Compass Calibration - OK
EKF3 (Enable by setting EK3_ENABLE=1) works - no wacky EKF changes or messages that I observed.
Edit: Optical Flow: seemed to be working.
1.3" Onboard display: Working
Lightware SF11/C on I2C worked perfectly - thanks!
Pixhawk : 2.4.8 clone
Another short one…maybe 10 or 15 mins with a battery change.
This is my big heavy rig.
Still felt quicker and more responsive even with my big hog battery on it.
Little bit of wobble in Alt-hold but I’m sure a tune is in order.
Good up and down the street flying at mulitiple heights and speeds, hovered well.
Lookin good folks. Here’s a folder full of logs from tonight.
EDIT: I did notice some pretty good lag on telemetry to radio, especially on flight mode changes, seems like the ton of EKF3 info was happening when the lag was occurring. Could be a Craft and Theory thing too.
Same thing happen to me tonight. My grandson wants a pixracer into his Quad-copter. Pixracer still on the bench and has 3.4.4. installed. USB and Mission planer is working perfectly. I have tried connect a new Radio Telemetry module tonight. It starts normally but than is getting stuck during-“Getting Params 1”. I have never seen that before. But also I have never used that Radio model from Bang-good before. I will try tomorrow a radio which has been working with my Pixhawks. No OSD connected. I have tried Telemetry 1 and Telemetry 2 same result. I thought I should let you know that it will happen in some situation.
Installed copter-3-5-rc1Octa to run through all the tests outstanding that I can.
Pixhawk, (Pixir, Lidarlightv2, OpticalFlow. all currently unplugged)
Both OLED and MP reporting
Pre-Arm Check firmware or Frame_Class
Frame_Class = 3
0:Plus 1:X 2:V 3:H 4:V-Tail 5:A-Tail 10:Y6B (New)
Frame = 0 OK
Frame = 1 OK
Frame = 2 OK
Frame = 3 check firmware or FRAME_CLASS
Frame = 4 check firmware or FRAME_CLASS
Frame = 5 check firmware or FRAME_CLASS
Frame = 10 check firmware or FRAME_CLASS
Ah Ok this would explain a lot. I have a load of H8 frames and always felt the motor mixing was not quite correct for the inner motors, although they fly quite well. I may have to have a look at custom mixing then.
Meanwhile I will set Frame to 1 (X) and carry out as many tests as I can.
parachute: ok (ground test)
compass auto learn does not modify live calib values
tried so far:
compass live calib with compasmot , flight log reported mag error by MP auto analys above 60%
compass autolearn did not change values , reported mag error by MP auto analysis above 60%
COMPASS_LEARN set to 0 1 2 do not produce any change in params (no sure if they are supposed to)
Is it possible that MP auto analysis tool is not working properly ? (MP 18.104.22.168)
For testing purposes i did the following test
flown an auto mission with WP_YAW_BEHAVIOR set to 2, no ROI set, then flown the same mission with ROI set.
Copter orientation maintained according to ROI PERFECT!
Superimposing flight paths in google earth there are differences less than 1.5m between the two flight.
No reason to believe compass is not working as expected but the numbers.
Second issue i was not able to change the speed no matter how i set it. wp nav speed is set to 650cm/s. changed speed in MP to 700cm/s no effect, (both columns) , max speed it was able to achive 500cm/s
I think the difference between an X and an H is just the direction of the propellers. It’s not a change in shape of the frame. So some vehicle manufacturers (including EnRoute) make vehicle frames that physically look like the letter “H”. This doesn’t mean they’re “H” frames from an ardupilot point of view though. To ArduPilot, an “H” is the same as an “X” except the motors spin in the opposite direction. http://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/connect-escs-and-motors.html#hexa-octo-y6
I’ve just added “H” frame support for Hexa and Octa so this should go out with -rc2. There is a danger though that hexa/octa people who were confused about the difference between H and X will find their vehicles don’t fly on AC3.5.