Control RunCam 2 4K pixhawk 2.4.8

Hi community : i have built a drone , a quadcopter , and I’m using the pixhawk 2.4.8 as FC.
I need to control a camera - RunCam 2 4K - to trigger photos , start stop videos , etc.
I’ve found some options in the configuration that mention the RunCam control , but i haven’t been able to make it work.
I’ve asked to RunCam for more information, and they says that it can be controlled by using serial protocol as betaflight FC does allow .
I’m not sure if this camera is supported to trigger video or take photos by using arducopter.
Does anyone know about this ?
Thanks in advance .
Best regards.
Sebastián

1 Like
1 Like

Hello,

I have the same issue, I have tried multiple inputs and outputs and to adjust the limits and nothing seems to work. I do know if I have the camera on and power on the FC it will start recording sometimes, if I disconnect the trigger wire it stops. That seems to me like the servo low limit is too high, I can’t get the low output lower than 987. anybody have any suggestions?

Cheers,
Matt

Hello, did you find in the meantime any solution for the camera control? I can control the video on/off or taking pictures, but not the switching between photo and video modes.