Connection Lutan EFI ECU

Hello everyone! My name is Guillermo Arnold and it’s my first time that I’m posting something here.
I’m trying to connect my Cuav X7+ Pro with a Lutan EFI ECU in order to get the status of a DLE 30cc termic engine. I connected all the components as indicated at the manual (I’m attaching it) and I configured the flight controller following the ardupilot documentation (Electronic Fuel Injectors — Plane documentation)

In my case we set up the configuration on a Cuav X7+ Pro, with the following parameters:

• EFI_TYPE = 3 (Lutan)
  • SERIAL6_PROTOCOL = 24 (Serial EFI))
  • SERIAL6_BAUD = 115 (115.2Kbaud)

I make the connection of the serial communication to the UART7 port. I double check to be connecting correctly the Tx and Rx between the ardupilot and the ECU.

Unfortunately I was not able to see any state from the EFI (like temperature, pressure, etc). Can anybody help me on it? I’m missing something?

Thank you very much for your time!

Guillermo

DLE30 EFI Owner’s Manual_compressed.pdf (497.7 KB)

Hello there! I resolved my problem using a RS232 to TTL connected between the autopilot and the ECU. Also I change to UART4 port. I hope that this could help to someone else :grinning:

2 Likes

Hello @G_Arnold, I tried to connect to my LUTAN kit to CUAV7+ as you did using RS 232 to TTL converter and UART4, but it does not response.
Can help me to do so, please.

Hi @jinfer_loes !
The following RS232 to TTL converter was use on my case:

You need to connect the data output wire from the ECU to the DB9 connector side like this:

• Pin 1 to ECU GND
  • Pin 3 to Tx
  • Pin 4 to Rx

After from the other side of the converter you need to connect it to a serial port, in your case it’s going to be serial 4. So you’ll connect the data output from the TTL converter like:

• 5V to Serial 5V
  • Rx to Serial Rx
  • Tx to Serial Tx
  • GND to GND

To finish with the integration you’ll need to define the following parameters on the AP for your case:

• EFI_TYPE → 0 to 3
  • SERIAL4_PROTOCOL → -1 to 24
  • SERIAL4_BAUD → 57 to 115

I hope that you can make it work :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @G_Arnold ,
What are the parameters that you could watch in mission planner about the kit LUTAN.
the voltage connected to the kit, the throttle position!.
Thank you very much .