Connect esp32 to FC

I have matek H743 running ardupilot and esp32-S v1.1 101010 running drone bridge wifi board.
No problem connecting via wifi but cant connect with mission planner.

I connect FC - > ESP 32
TX1 - > RX1
RX1 - > TX1
3.3V - > 3.3V
GND - > GND

and ip adresses are;

Mission Planner

UDPCI → 192.168.2.1 → 1001
ESP32 Drone_bridge 192.168.2.1

what can I do, should I change ıpv4 settings?

Have you set up the correct RX and TX pins in the DroneBridge web interface?
Did you set the correct SERIALn_PROTOCOL and SERIALn_BAUD parameters?

1 Like

Did you checked the max. current of the 3,3V from the Matek board? The specification for the H743-Slim says that the 3,3V supply can only deliver 200mA. The ESP-Modules need up to 430mA when sending data.

1 Like

I am new to the topic so I think I did not setup RX, TX pins, SERIALn _PROTOCOL and SERIALn _BAUD params. how should I count pins?,

I did not check the voltage but light on esp is on thus I can connect it So I assume it is working?

you need to set the tx/rx pins to the ones you have hooked to the esp32 from that webpage picture you showed above. also make sure baudrate matches fc baudrate. SERIALx _PROTOCOL should be set to mavlink2. there is a discord for DroneBridge

In idle conditions, when the ESP module has nothing to do, it will drag about 80mA. The LED will light up and and everything seems to be ok. I assume that you want to send data packets permanently. Then there is a risk of data loss due to voltage breakdown and damaging the 3,3V port on your Matek board by overload.
For my Matek F405-WMN, I used the 3S battery voltage with a separate 3,3V/2A DC/DC converter for supply of the ESP modules.

@406FPV thank you for your answer I will try it.
@GER50 thank you, I am trying to control the drone over pymavlink and I need connection. So I will look for different source of voltage

Get a PDB. You’ll be glad when you find a new cool gadget to attach to your drone and you have high-current 5/9/12V outputs available.