Compass calibration after loading a parameter backup

I have a base backup parameter file that i load after i thinker too much. Everytime it wants to redo calibration of compass even if it is same compass and same FC.
Is there a way to not calibrating compass after loading a file backup?

Thanks.

maybe its over writing the compass offsets obtained from the calibration

I am loading a parameter file backed up this morning on same quad and same everything else. I guess the system somehow knows a full parameter file has been loaded and asks for a new compass calibration. Since i know the compass values are good i wonder if there is a way to overrule this and keep the values known as good without a new calibration not needed.

you can try removing the compass related parameters from the file and see if that helps. The compass will need calibration if the offsets of the primary compass is zero or if the detected dev_id is zero

How can it be zero? Maybe when i save full parameter file the offsets are saved at zero on pourpose and when i load the file back it loads zero values.

I’m not sure. could you check the offsets after you write the parameter file?

Will check tomorrow.

thanks

@rmackay9 any hint on how to preserve calibration when loading a backup parameters file?

Thanks

The requirement for a compass calibration is detected by comparing the device id of the automatically sensed compasses compared to the device id stored in the eeprom (i.e. COMPASS_DEVID or something similar). If the device id in eeprom matches the automatically sensed compasses then it should work. the issue is probably that you need to manually change the COMPASS_DEVID to something else and then back again or it won’t actually be written to eeprom.

Ok understand, will try.

Thanks