Communication restoration between Sonic board and FC

I must have changed the wrong serial parameter by accident last night, and now I’m unable to get any data from the flight controller. The Sonic board can be connected to by WIFI, and you can see video on the web console, but there is no telemetry data in the Status window, and you cant load the parameter tree, just shows the webpage. I think I either changed the connection to 52 on serial 2…or something…it was late. :smiley:
A factory reset, by factreset.txt on the SD card, resets the Sonic board, but still no joy, makes sense if I
fubar’d the com port. Is there a way to manually restore the FC or connect to it from console? Any help is really appreciated.

There are multiple ways to fix this, assuming that what you have done is change the baudrate.
One method is to connect to the sonix dev console on TCP port 2017, and then tell the sonix to use whatever baudrate you chose, then see if communication is restored. The “baudrate” command can do that. After you have comms back then fix the parameters.
A second method is to build a flight firmware with the baudrate hardcoded to 625000, and put it on the microSD as flight_fw.abin, then reboot. The sonix will load that flight firmware at next power on.

1 Like

Awesome, dev console got me back in and restored, thanks for the help!

1 Like

Hi, I have the same issue because I changed the baud rate also. Worse is I dont remember the value that I changedf in the Flight parameter page. So I believe my option is to build a flight firmware w a hardcoded baudrate at 625000. Can you please provide some help on how to build such one?

Thanks

The flight parameters for Baudrate are
SERIAL1/2/3/4_BAUD
Also, once you’re back into the WebAP, you can just click the “Reset Defaults” button. That “should” fix everything back to factory settings.

Thank you very much for the info. Just to clarify, should I use the command:
BAUDRATE SERIAL1/2/3/4_BAUD ?
or how do I enter the value SERIAL1/2/3/4_BAUD ? thanks so much again!!!

sorry I should have been clearer
this is 4 separate flight parameters
SERIAL1_BAUD
SERIAL2_BAUD
SERIAL3_BAUD
SERIAL4_BAUD

You change those using a flight parameter editor (like Mission Planner or the SkyViper’s WebAP)

The baudrate (lower case) command is what you use when accessing through the debug port (TCP 2017) over serial connection. I thought that was documented in the wiki, but i cannot find it.
Here are some notes I have from a previous post.

Ensure you’re connected to the SV’s Access point, the telnet to 192.168.99.1 on port 2017 using TCP…it should just work.

Also, checkout this post

Right… the problem is I dont see any flight parameters any more when I goto the parameters page. So as I understand it i have to telnet to the Dev console and use the baudrate command to change the baud of the Sonic board to match that i changed on the FC? Thanks again.

yes. telnet in and change it there.
then the FC should start talking to the Sonix again.

So the question is since I forgot what the value SERIAL1_BAUD I changed to and I cannot see the values in Parameters page, I dont kno what value I should set using the Baudrate command. I read somewhere that if you dont remember, then just hardcode 625000 in the parameters and create a new build. Or what value should I use for the baudrate command? thanks