Coming soon - New "mRo Location One" a CAN GPS sensor

Hi @Dave84,
I have disabled the automatic offset learn.
I’ve left only the two external mRo units active (one of them as primary).
I’m using V4.0.0.

1 Like

Pls just update your firmware to the last versione… just active all the compasses… enabled the automatically learn offset and calibrate it again

My unit after the calibration

1 Like

Shouldn’t it work also without the internal compass?
regarding the Automatic offset learn - I’ve read that it’s functional only with COMPASS_LEARN = 3, which is InFlight learn - and I’m unable to pass the PreArm checks currently…
Regarding the latest FW version - are there any relevant fixes in 4.0.1/4.0.2?
Thanks!

1 Like

In 4.0.2 you will have the corrections about small bugs found on the previous version…

i will attach you a link so you can follow the previous versions and future developments…

In my opinion better use the external compass coz the one inside can be affected by mag field noises

2 Likes

Just let me know pls the results when you have performed a new calibration…

1 Like

Will do, thanks @Dave84

1 Like

Hi Guys,
I’ve encountered a new issue with the latest mRo units - they don’t pass the calibration process.
Reviewing the different units using the UAVCAN GUI I’ve observed 3 different FW/SW versions:

Only the 1.0.d5729326 works fine. Any ideas?
Thanks

1 Like

Good day l, you have flash the correct firmware for the LocationOne? As now the firmware are board exclusive you need the correct version.
I’ve compiled the last firmware version… if you need i can attach you the binary file.
on which fc are you using it?

Hi @Dave84 - We have not flashed any of our Location One units. Which version are you using? (the 1.0.d5729326 seems the only one that works currently).
How do flash the units? Where do you get this version? is it mRo official?
We’re using mRo Z7 FC.
Roman

me im using uavcan gui tool for flash my unit…sometimes MP. im using the last version I’ve built for the mRo LocationOne… work very well

I prefer to have an official mRo version to work with. @pemase, can you advise?

This is the firmware for the LocationOne…the latest firmware version.
mroLocatioOne AP_Periph.bin (105.9 KB)

I been installing the location one on my new printed frame and they are excellent. Here a video of my test flights recently two thumbs up : https://www.dropbox.com/s/fjblcg96u8ihtty/location-one01.mp4?dl=0

you see a tad drop in the end but that more to do with the quad not being flown now everything seem acclimated and fly’s even better!. I think a lock is good you could do the led paint in the sky with swarming.

Tried installing the latest AP_Periph 1.1.0 (https://firmware.ardupilot.org/AP_Periph/stable/f303-M10070/).
But still having the same issue with the calibration.

Indoors I manage to calibrate, when outdoors - calibration fails.
Log Log2
Any ideas?

Did you check the wirings? are you using mro control zero o x2.1 777?

Yes I have, using mRo Control Zero F7.

ok… do you have the fix gps position?

I have a few CZ with L1 working without any issues. I’ve found mRo support to be very responsive. Give them an email.

I do.
The issue is that sometimes I manage to calibrate and sometimes I don’t (out in the open field)

ok…, just try flash the binary i sent you, later I’ll attach a small wiring scheme so you can check it.