Coming home with your back - WP_YAW_BEHAVIOR

I didn’t say about just handling them.

just handling them on any direction is very easy thing.

If something goes wrong with GPS or other sensors, It would be more safer to come back direction for very fast response at very sudden moments.

I can do 8 figures flight or aerobatic flights on helis, but I don’t think I can always handle copters at any dangerous situation, and many drone operators would be same.

You’re making my point for me here. If you can’t do that, you have no business operating them.

Coming tail-back pose don’t risk anything, and have advantages than other flight pose. and you are not the person who give the liscence, but you are deciding whether to fly or not, to who can operate safely drone.

I don’t think I can’t operate well at nose-in situation, but I’m just cautious about everything because the drone is dangerous thing. I think you should not conceited about your control ability, and it is much more safer to coming at back direction.

for some reason, there can be no enough space for landing, and there can be obstacles, and that time it is much more safer and comfortable with tail-back situation.

and I doubt you have great control abilities than me, because you are Ignoring all safety measures and underestimating important things. I don’t trust operators who can’t do aerobatics and always coming their very big drone at nose-in direction, I saw once they crashed the drone.
they believed they can operate drone at nose-in situation because they controlled their drone only in GPS engaged mode, or altitude hold mode.

I’m not saying about the toys, and about the big drones which can give mental stress to operators.

Just chiming in. I totally agree with Yuri.

As an engineer, pilot, and trainer, I must say

A UAV pilot must confidently operate the vehicle in any flight mode, irrespective of the orientation. Additionally, they should always be prepared to switch to no-aided mode (stabilize) if needed. No compromises. Full stop.
If flying a big drone gives you mental stress, then don’t fly them.

1 Like

Baselessly attacking my credibility and skillset doesn’t invalidate my opinion or argument, nor have I been conceited in any way shape or form in this exchange.

But since you wish to go there, in fact, I AM the person responsible for qualifying pilots on large (group 5) UAS in my day job, continuing a 25+ year career as a pilot of both manned and unmanned platforms. I literally just finished re-writing a safety/CRM course, focused largely on exactly the subjects at hand.

3 Likes