Clarity on setting the position when switching from no gps to gps environment

Hello everyone,
So I had this query,

1)Firstly, whenever my GPS is inside my house, I get around 6-7 sat counts and a 3d fix. When i take my drone outside, and when I try to flick in guided I get the message saying " requires position to flick in the guided".
2) Secondly, I am not able to set origin or home position from the code. It doesn’t set .

I also observed that, even that I get around 6-7 sat counts with a 3d fix when I am ina closed space, the GPS origin/home position is not set. Even after I take it outside, the origin doesn’t get set. However, when I restart my code, then the origin gets set automatically.

I cant understand whats going. It will be great if anyone explains me this.

Thankyou in advance.

6-7 sats gives you a fix with huge variance.
ArduCopter does the right thing and declares that as “not good enough”. I is protecting you from yourself :slight_smile:

Once it has a clear sky view and the variance is low and the rate is stable, it will work as intended.
So just be patient, sometimes it take 2 minutes for the GPS signal to be stable enough.

One other solution is to get a good uBlox F9P or septentrio GNSS receiver with an helical antenna.

If you set the origin manually, you bypass the entire process and Ardupilot let’s you do it, because you took responsibility in the moment you manually set the origin.

I hope this clarifies things a bit.

1 Like

Also check your HDOP parameter… needs to be low … Inside the house it it possible to reach 6 or 7 satelites ( maybe trough window) but not ideal ones to give accurate position…

1 Like

Thankyou so much for this! I will look into this and get back with queries in case!

Got it…you thank you so much.