Circle mode around object (Want to maintain distance from object)

Hi,

I want to perform a circle around a tree while staying 2m away from the tree at all times during the circle. I have a forward facing terabee lidar that has already been set up for simple avoidance. But when I switch to circle mode to circle the tree, the avoidance doesn’t seem to work anymore. Can someone please advise how I can achieve this?

Regards

Arjun

I think avoidance is not enabled in that flight mode.
But to be 100% sure you should update to ArduCopter 4.3.0-beta1 and re-test.

ok I see…If it’s not enabled in 4.3 is it possible to modify the source code to enable avoidance in circle mode?

Yes, it is possible to modify the code to add that, if it is not already there.

Ok that sounds good. Can you pls provide me the new code I would have to add to the circle flight mode in order to enable avoidance? I can test it out and report back. Will be a useful feature and can have many applications.

No, sorry I do not have the time to do that. You will need to do that yourself.

Ok no worries. Can you please redirect me to a company/person who does code customization as a service? I am struggling to find commercial support. The contacts on the ardupilot commercial support page don’t seem to be active anymore. I would appreciate it if you redirect me to someone/ a company that is actively providing support in the area of code customization, etc. Really appreciate you replying to my posts and providing as much of support as you can btw, thanks so much!

Our company does provide paid commercial support. That is the reason I do not have the time to do it for free.

But if you want to assign us a contract, we can see what we can do about it.

Ah ok I see. Is there a way I can contact your company to find out pricing and talk more about what I need done?

I think I miss something. Why not create a mission with waypoints in a circle around the tree and use Auto (I think it permits some avoidance types)? Place a DO_JUMP waypoint at the end and you can do circles indefinitely.