Checksum verification of Firmware

I’m creating secure firmware for my drone. I achieved the signing of the firmware. I was wondering does Ardupilot do the checking of the checksum of the firmware file? For example, the checksum of the correct firmware file could be stored on the flight module. Each time the drone boots up, similar to the checking of the public and private keys, it also check the checksum of the current firmware and the checksum value stored in the flight module. This way you ensure you have the firmware file from the authentic source without any parameters being changed. So is this a thing in ardupilot or how would you implement automatic checksum checking?

1 Like

Read the APJ tool documentation and the firmware signing documentation

Hi @Aryan_Ghadge Need your help
Have you completed the automatic checksum checking???
How do you achieve that…Thanks in advance…

From my reading that is already done on boot :

Data Checksum failed

How to generate the Data check verification failed Error By changing the parameters…

hi, did you solve this? could you please explain the process followed. thanks in advance

Hi @M.G.sathiyanarayanan can you please help me. I am also stuck on the same step.

@M.G.sathiyanarayanan , Can you please guide me on how to achieve this checksum verification.
I have followed Secure boot process mentioned on ardupilot documentation. Do I need to change any script to get this checksum verification. Kindly guide me on this.