Channel 5 pwm values not responding properly

Hello,

I am using arducopter 4.3.7 and I have just replaced my Turning 9XR radio with BetaFPV LiteRadio 3 Pro. The Lite Radio 3 Pro has two 2pos switches and two 3pos switches.

I have managed to setup and combine two switches(one is 3 pos and one is 2 pos) in order to have them to control my channel 5 and therefore to use them for selecting between 6 different flight modes.
I assume that my channel 5 is correctly set on my Lite Radio 3 Pro because when I am in the outputs page on the radio’s screen, I can see that when I am switching between the 6 different positions, for the channel 5 I am getting these pwm values (1162, 1291, 1420, 1558, 1691, and 1822).
But while switching between these 6 different positions on my Lite Radio 3 Pro, in the Radio Calibration page of mission planner for channel 5 I don’t see these 6 different PWM values but only two ( 995 and 1998). Which means that I can only choose between 2 different flight modes).

What is wrong here? Could someone help me on this?

My previous Turning 9XR I didn’t have this problem.

Thanks a lot

If you’re using the ExpressLRS protocol, channel 5 is always a 2-position channel, no matter what. It’s a “feature” of the protocol and should always be used for arming.

Dear @Yuri_Rage ,

Yes I am using the ExpressLRS protocol…makes sense I guess. I didn’t know about this feature…

In order to fix this, should I go to the Mixes page of the Lite Radio 3 Pro and assign these two sticks(the 3pos and the 2 pos) to control let’s say channel 6 ? And leave channel 5 empty?
And then use the FLTMODE_CH parameter to 6? I saw that in arducopter the default channel for flight mode selection is channel 5…

I say to leave channel 5 empty because in arducopter I am arming using the throttle and yaw stick by keeping it at down right position diagonally for a couple of seconds…I guess this channel 5 arming switch is for betaflight?

Thank you

That arming switch is a “feature” of ExpressLRS protocol, that arming switch changes both transmitter’s and receiver’s state between “ground” and “air” modes. AFAIK it is recommended to use arming switch with ELRS.

You can still use rudder arming and just leave Ch5 high. It’s not the recommended way, but it works.

I use an EdgeTX function to set Ch5 high and low with the rudder arming commands on my Copter mixes. Not sure how to do that on the BF radio.

I finally combined the two switches to control channel 6…I did this through the Mixes page of Lite Radio 3 Pro…And then in arducopter I specified FLTMODE_CH=6…
And it works…

Channel 5 was cancelled…

Thank you

You still want to hold Ch5 high when armed for proper ELRS functionality.

1 Like