Carefully review wiring diagrams before applying power

If I can figure out a way to send signals out the motor ports, PWM or digital, I can look at them on a scope. Can I do this using MP with/without having my radio connected??? There are so many config parameters there is surely a setting that will allow this, sort of like Arming with no ESC connected.

MissionPlanner motor test
Configure the copter as an octo to test 8 outputs at once

As @xfacta suggests for low level output. You will need to monitor the actual outputs to determine if there is any PWM signal produced.
What do you have connected?

I must be blind, i dont see any discrepancy, it seems to go vbat, gnd, spare, curr, and four motors after that on both diagrams, but whatever you seem to have it sorted out now anyway.

Right now, nothing is connected to the ESC. I seem to be getting 400 Hz square waves on the motor pins. This is good. The duty cycle varies with my radio lever movements… To me this says the FC is probably good. I get 13 satellites locked.

Now to check the ESC somehow with my radio receiver.

If you look at the two diagrams, Vbat is near M2 in the BS-40A image and Vbat is near the Motor-4 on the Matek diagram. Also notice the motor numbers are reversed 1,2,3,4 becomes 4,3,2,1 .

What is worrying is that the Vbat was connected to a motor output. They seem to be OK however. The other issue is why there is no continuity between the gnd of the ESC pins and the battery gnd.

Give this up. You are simply wrong.

Dave, do you disagree with what I am saying here? Yes or NO?

If you look at the two diagrams, Vbat is near M2 in the BS-40A image and Vbat is near the Motor-4 on the Matek diagram. Also notice the motor numbers are reversed 1,2,3,4 becomes 4,3,2,1 .

Are you saying the diagrams are the same? yes or no?

Are you saying it doesn’t matter what diagram is used? yes or no?

Scott asked the question and I answered!

Sorry, I’m not seeing a discrepancy in the diagrams so much as a diagram of the pinout for the autopilot in one image and for the ESC in the other. All but the most casual glances at both would provide enough information to connect the two properly together.

2 Likes

Yes, from your 1st post you have been wrong and you have disparaged the Matek provided information and have no standing.
Nothing can be learned from what you have posted.

What you have posted is simply a mistake on your part.
So what’s the problem, you screwed up?

Yuri… The FC has labels on the pads for Vbat for example. It is obvious where on the FC Vbat is.

However, there are no labels on my ESC. I have to rely on diagrams to know where Vbat is located. On the Matek diagram, Vbat is located next to “Motor-4” so I go to my ESC and locate “M4” and assume that is Vbat and wire accordingly. But no, According to the other wiring diagram that I found once I learned that the when wired per Matek diagram, there was no 12 V (Vbat) on the FC Vbat pin. Why not, because on the ESC Vbat is not located next to “Motor-4” but instead is located next to “M2”. This is the issue as best as I can explain it.

I cannot see why one does not look at the two images and see that on one, Vbat is located next to Motor-4 and on the other next to M2. Just look at them!

Looking at them, So what? I’m sure everyone else has seen this and connected it correctly.
What is the point you are trying to make besides you connected it incorrectly? There is nothing, absolutely nothing, to see here in this post.

I give up! I give up!

Changed my mind. On the Matek diagram Vbat is the red wire. It is shown from the right side of the connector, next to Motor-4. This is just plain and simply wrong!

I wired based on the best info I had at the time, from Matek and it was a mistake.

Nothing is wrong with anything from the Matek wiring diagrams. You connected it incorrectly. You have posted nothing to dispute that.

Ok, I think I see where you’re somewhat mistakenly making your argument. The EXAMPLE ESC on the Matek diagram has a pinout that clearly differs from your own ESC. You must use manufacturer diagrams, not hypotheticals.

Matek can’t possibly account for all variations in peripheral hardware in their example pics.

The ESC example pic is the one I provided in his other post after he claimed he couldn’t find the readily available information. There is nothing to see here other than a simple mistake in connection. The function connections shown in everything posted here and there are correct.

These is nothing that says “EXAMPLES ESC” on the Matek diagram. Where are you dreaming this up? Matek put a diagram that exactly matched the outline of my ESC but did not put the location of Vbat (for example) on the diagram properly. The diagram does not even say if this is the top or bottom view. It is basically mis leading.

At the lease Matek should have merely drawn a plain square box showing the wires coming out of the box with no indication of where on the box (board) they were connected.

As a retired electrical engineer with over 35 years designing electronic circuits containing usarts, microprocessors, and rf links, I would NEVER draw a diagram this poor. If I did, I would get fired!

I am done! Sorry.

2 Likes