Can't initialise dshot (BLHeli) ESCs with Matek F405-CTR

Hey all,

I’m having some trouble with my first arducopter build. I’m using a 4 in 1 BLheli_32 esc, and I’ve got it connected to pwm pads 1-4 on my Matek F405-CTR. I can’t for the life of me get them to initialise (make the two beeps after the 3 power-up beeps). I verified before flashing ardupilot that they all worked with DShot1200 and 600 in betaflight.

I’ve set MOT_PWM_TYPE to 7 (also tried 6) and I’ve made sure the motors are mapped in the servos page. I’ve tried 3.6.6, 3.6.7 RC and 3.7.0 dev. I’ve made the minimum PWM value 1000.

Let me know if there’s something I’ve missed!

I’m in same boat with F405-STD - I keep getting a “Check BRD_TYPE: baro - Unable to initialise driver” error.

And now that you mention it - no ESC beeps. I also can’t do anything with my radio.

Everything works in iNav but not having much luck with Ardupilot :frowning:

Hey Jim,

I get that error too! I was going to address that further down the track. I DID get my radio working though, which kind are you using?

Scott

A Taranis X9D Plus and a Hobbymate FrSky D16.

I know it’s bound as my radio will alert me when telemetry drops.

But if I go to the radio setup and click configure I get nothing.

FWIW I’m on Linux using QGroundControl…

Ah ok, I’m using crossfire, works great! I suspect your RC in issue likely needs its own thread. As far as I could dig up though, from the wiki page and hwdef file, UART2 is not enabled for this board, and that’s the one with the inverter for frsky SBUS. Not sure if that’s of any help! Perhaps try tapping uninverted SBUS (if you can on that rx) and sending it to a different UART.

http://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/common-matekf405.html

FYI

Good find! Hate to tear the thing apart again. Think I’ll go mess with iNav a bit more and then revisit Ardupilot when I eventually crash and have to do some repairs :slight_smile:

1 Like