Can't connect to mission planner on windows 10, arduplane

Is there an issue with Win 10 and connecting to mission planner?None of my boards will connect. Recently changed from win 7 to win 10. Could this relate?
Changed cables a zillion times, restarted both board and mission planner,ran zadig (installed software with STM32 Cube)---- com ports are:
– communications port (com3)with the dreaded yellow triangle
–legacy FMU (com5) greyed out - not present- my old pixhawk, probably
–USB-serial chan… 340 (com4) greyed out (what’s this?)
Mission planner 4.4.1 ,latest arduplane, primary board omnibus F4Pro v3 but a lot of others tried.
Thanks for any help.

Go to device manager, on every com port that you see, right click and select uninstall driver.
download https://firmware.ardupilot.org/Tools/MissionPlanner/driver.msi and install
Reboot (not necessary, but it does not harm)

It should do the trick.

Are you referring to “uninstall device” here? No category to"uninstall driver" when I right click.
PS: thanks!

Indeed, this will remove the driver

No luck.
Did exactly as you suggested- removed all devices under com ports,
downloaded the driver set.
Installed, rebooted to be sure, and – plugged in my Omnibus F4Pro v3 board. “auto” appears. Won’t connect. Device man shows no com ports.
Went back to go.downloaded software for boards without existing arduplane software, downloaded, installed software with cube, no connect.
??-- Board shows double blue flash. Normal?
Tried again, no luck.

I see, so your board did not had ardupilot on it ever.
And you tried to follow this guide to put a valid firmware to it ?

Followed the guide in the wiki.
Board might have had ardupilot on it before (possibility one) or it might be a manufacturer’s version that does not like the ardupilot software (omnibus exists in so many versions) (Possibility 1.5) . What does “Bdshot mean”??
The board was in original pack, but taped together. Don’t remember if it’s new. Is there any point in trying software for a board that once had arduplane? Thanks for your patience.

Eosbandi, I appreciate your efforts.
Erased and reinstalled mission planner, no change.
If anyone else has another idea, I’d appreciate it.

What boards other than the Omnibus one?

I also am seeing this error when the firmware is sensing the board. My fix was to reboot and plug the cable directly in the computer not the removable HD, after the update i get a error stating something about the D drive thats not in the equation and bypassed.

Dave, I tried as couple old pixhawks, two Matek F405wings, a matek F765, a Matek F405WSE besides the Omnibus.
Most of my work has been done on Win 7, with no problems. It’s likely a connection problem to do wit no com ports, I suspect. I’m considering a virtual com port, but don’t know where to go with that. Suggestions?
Thanks.
Quadzilla, I’m plugged into the back plane, so it aint my hub.
I also tried Qgroundcontrol, and it says “disconnected” forever also.

I cannot express my total frustration , to the point of madness, with this endlessly recurring problem of getting connected. I am seriously considering a .38 police special hollow point straight to the cpu if I don’t solve this soon.

As a test remove all your usb devices then reboot, try a new cable and plug into a different port. there is something decently going I had to cancel Mission Planner to get back control. Also check your head set and remove that. Oh BTW make sure you Baud rate is right and try auto connect.

BTW you should hear the USB tone/beep if the hardware is connected,

You caught me just in time. Locked and loaded.
I’m disabled (no legs) so I hate to butt-walk around on the floor and drag out the computer so I can get to the back, but I’ve got no other idea. My mouse and keyboard are usb, so they’ll have to be an exception. Here goes.

You mean the “I’m outa here” disconnect tone?

you know when you plug anything you get the tone. no tone no connection.

https://www.google.com/search?q=usb+conect+tone&rlz=1C1CHZN_enUS944US944&oq=usb+conect+tone&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvbWUyBggAEEUYOTIICAEQABgWGB4yCAgCEAAYFhgeMggIAxAAGBYYHjIICAQQABgWGB4yCAgFEAAYFhgeMggIBhAAGBYYHjIKCAcQABiGAxiKBdIBCDY3OTFqMGo3qAIAsAIA&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:849739ad,vid:9omajpF7v-o,st:0

Right, Quadzilla.
Another day.
Did it all- found one device that was inoperative-- my hub. But this does not help, since I don’t use it, even though it’s a powered hub. Pitched it and ran it all again – still, nobody can talk to either mission planer or Qgroundcontrol.
Yes, i get the plug-in tone that tells me that the board has registered with my tower, but still won’t connect to MP.
This can’t be that common otherwise MP and QGC would never get used.
I have refreshed all software, lest there be a problem with anyone, but , even after my tower beeps recognition, that’s it. Seems the data stops there.

what’s you baud rate set at.

1. seems pretty normal rate here.