Cannot find SCR_ENABLE parameter MambaSTMF405MK2

I’m running as FC: mambaF405 mk2 which apparently has 16 mb of ‘blackbox’ flash - it should be useable for things other than BB logging though, right … like LUA scripting? I’ve flashed several builds of beta, latest, 4.2, 4.1 to no avail. I cannot even see the parameter SCR_ENABLE to enable scripting.
Is the board unable to support .LUA scripting or am I doing something wrong and can someone guide me in the right direction. Thank you very much.

I’m not going to answer my own question, I think I’m wrong.

In my Status tab in mission planner it reads: “freemem 47704” - should be enough? o.O

AFAIK you can’t use lua scripting on f405 boards since scripting requires at least 2 MB of flash and 70 kB of memory.

2 Likes

No…

1 Like

The Mamba H743v4 — Copter documentation has 128 MB of “Data Log Flash” - will that work or do you have any recommendations for Flight Controllers? Thanks!!

Any H7 processor FC will work including that one. I like the Matek H743 boards. If you want to know about a particular board look at the hwdef.dat file for this:
FLASH_SIZE_KB 2048
HWDEF

2 Likes

Thank you very much.

I have the same problem (no SCR_ENABLE parameter) with a Kakute H7 mini v1.1 flight controller running arducopter v4.4.2. It should have a flash size of 2048 KB and my “freemen” shows around 800000, so I don’t understand why I cannot get this parameter.

No Sd Card

Unfortunately, the “black box” NAND memory and associated pseudo-file system on this board is not presently compatible with scripting. I was also disappointed to find this out. The Kakute boards are otherwise excellent autopilots.

They are. In this case a Matek H7 Mini would be a better choice.

2 Likes

No card is a very obvious reason. Thanks for the background info on the file systems of the Kakute H7 mini and for suggesting the Matek H7 Mini as an alternative. Is there a chance that the compatibility of boards without SD card will be improved or can I somehow add an SD card to mine?

You could add an external SPI SD card interface, but you’d need to compile a custom firmware version to take advantage of it and enable scripting.

It’s probably worth $90 not to go to that trouble…