CAN question to developers

Hi all, I’m Huy from Gremsy.

This is my first time posting here, sorry for my absence although you guys mentioned me for quite a long time.

Regarding CAN protocol for GREMSY gimbal, all we need is attitude information (pitch, roll) from PIXHAWK controller to correct horizon drift . Our engineeer has experimented with pixhawk code but unfortunately CAN message which contains attitude information is not implemented in the pixhawk source code yet

But luckily, we found a solution to get attitude information on the MAVLINK protocol via serial communication and we applied already for T1, T3 gimbals

Cheers

Is there any update on this? Huy, does this support gimbal control or simply horizontal drift correction? I have a T3 and the pix2.1 at my disposal for testing.

The question was related to H series (H3, H7, H16). T3 has pixhawk compatibility implemented.
I am desperately waiting for HYLINK for H series.

Thx

…engineeer has experimented with pixhawk code but unfortunately CAN message which contains attitude information is not implemented in the pixhawk source code yet

So a serial workaround has been found. But I guess for a “smarter” integration of the new Gremsy T3 gimbals the Pixhawk Source Code would need to be expanded to include attitude information.

I I have done some research on this end and if I understand it correctly one valiant contributor has been active in tackling this: AP_AHRS: UAVCAN Position and attitude broadcast by EShamaev · Pull Request #6528 · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub.
How Gremsy then ties in with this remains to be seen.

Hey everyone, I have my T1 working with Pixhawk 2.1. I used a PWM encoder and ran the aux1 and aux2 ports in as channels 1 and 2 on the T1. I set the T1 so that channel 1 was tilt and channel 2 was mode. I can control the pitch with a dial and the switch lets me lock it in.

I have not figured out how to get the flight plan/auto mission to set the mount tilt but at least I can point it manually.

About to order a T1, anyone had luck with the serial connection?