Servers by jDrones

CAN question to developers

(HUY PHAM) #41

Hi all, I'm Huy from Gremsy.

This is my first time posting here, sorry for my absence although you guys mentioned me for quite a long time.

Regarding CAN protocol for GREMSY gimbal, all we need is attitude information (pitch, roll) from PIXHAWK controller to correct horizon drift . Our engineeer has experimented with pixhawk code but unfortunately CAN message which contains attitude information is not implemented in the pixhawk source code yet

But luckily, we found a solution to get attitude information on the MAVLINK protocol via serial communication and we applied already for T1, T3 gimbals

Cheers

(Wyatt Robbins) #42

Is there any update on this? Huy, does this support gimbal control or simply horizontal drift correction? I have a T3 and the pix2.1 at my disposal for testing.

(Christoph Michaelis) #43

The question was related to H series (H3, H7, H16). T3 has pixhawk compatibility implemented.
I am desperately waiting for HYLINK for H series.

Thx

(TI) #44

...engineeer has experimented with pixhawk code but unfortunately CAN message which contains attitude information is not implemented in the pixhawk source code yet

So a serial workaround has been found. But I guess for a "smarter" integration of the new Gremsy T3 gimbals the Pixhawk Source Code would need to be expanded to include attitude information.

I I have done some research on this end and if I understand it correctly one valiant contributor has been active in tackling this: https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/6528.
How Gremsy then ties in with this remains to be seen.

(Mark Anderson) #45

Hey everyone, I have my T1 working with Pixhawk 2.1. I used a PWM encoder and ran the aux1 and aux2 ports in as channels 1 and 2 on the T1. I set the T1 so that channel 1 was tilt and channel 2 was mode. I can control the pitch with a dial and the switch lets me lock it in.

I have not figured out how to get the flight plan/auto mission to set the mount tilt but at least I can point it manually.

(cbrk1) #46

About to order a T1, anyone had luck with the serial connection?