Can I trigger an output when radio signal is lost?

Hi all…

Is there a way to set one of the output channel according to the failsafe state ?

I would like, for example, to enable a battery-backup buzzer when the radio signal is lost… but so far I haven’t find a way to do this…

BTW: I’m using a Pixhawk4-mini and I’ve configured RC6 for “Lost Plane Sound in Config => User Params” and RCPassThru on CH6 in Setup => “Servo Output” but, as far I can see, it seems that Ardupilot is keeping the latest PWM value when the radio-link is lost…

thanks in advance,

Giampaolo

Could be done with LUA scripting, the absolutely simplest soluu is if you have a flexible RC system, for example, Graupner equipment can easily be configured to stop sending PPM or SUMD to the flight controller, and simultaneously send some preset output on one of its own servo outputs.

Hi Andre,

thanks for your hints… and for confirming indirectly that this is not an existing function.

After some time spent trying to obtain this with standard options, I was looking at LUA script too… I’m using RFD868 radios and as far I know they have FS options as well… but using a script is probably more feasible…

I’ll look at the existing example and see if I can figure out how to achieve this.

Giampaolo