Camera gimbal control not functioning

The Tarot gimbal can be controlled by s.bus or pwm. The diagram can be a little confusing because it is showing the same connections used by either PWM control or s.bus control.

For instance if you are using PWM control, then you would use the connectors marked PWM2, PWM1 and Video.

If on the other hand you are using S.Bus then you use the center connector for the s.bus and the video for video.

ROI stands for Region Of Interest. You can define an area you want the gimbal pointed at and the flight controller will try and keep the camera pointed there, as you fly around, by moving the gimbal. Again the flight controller must be able to control the gimbal so no splitter.

hi Mike, today i wire d the channel bus 1 of the gimbal on Channel 7 pin on the x8r receiver and on Channel 7 of the taranis and i can move the tilt.
I would like use also the roll and pan… i have connected the channel 2 coming from the gimbal to channel 8 of the receiver… how i must setup up this to make it work?

The Tarot has different modes that allow different levels of control. You must read your manual and set the mode such that you have the roll and pan control you desire. If I remember correctly it does not not allow the user to have control over all the axis.

I have set sbus… but when i wired it and set it… the gimbal its not working.
So i have try to wire the channel of the gimbal on the receiver channel 8 and the channel 1 on Channel 7 of the receiver i set it on mission planner and tested it and i can move only the tilt.
O don’t know how to fiz thr roll and pan

Not the interface modes, s.bus or pwm, the operation modes.

Hi mike… what do you mean

You need to read the manual.

Already done before the installation… i have only the tilt, maybe i must
bind again the receiver coz its setted only as sbus…

If tilt works then it s bound correctly. What working mode are you using?

I connected both channel of the gimbal directly on pin 7 and 8 pins of the
x8r, but i would like to set also the roll and pan.
My x8r is connected directly on rcin port of the pixhawk

That has nothing to do with the problem. Read the manual about working modes of the gimbal.

I would like to add for future readers that the CHx_OPT parameter name has been changed to RCx_option.