Also the .TGA is new. (Color scheme top, belly) both with the same name.
When I import it to RF8 with the start Model e.g. Cessna then in crashes. (one engine only)
But when imported with the start Model caipirinha2, it works.
But can’t see the props, even with exacly the same names (~CS_ENGINE1) OR (~CS_ENGINE2) and the same
linking to the base (~CS_MOUNT1),(~CS_MOUNT2) which are linked to the wing.(~CS_LMW) …
The Props are named: ~CS_ENGINEx (as with caipirinha2)
The Motors as : ~CS_SPINNERx (so it shows the motors spinning, as in caipirinha2)
When a make cat with one Prop (ENGINE) only and as start Model Cessna then I can see the props of the cessna
but in a wrong direction to the vertical cat, of course.
Sorry for the need of repairing.
I had to export, import, start, delete, restart RF8 and redesign with one part, one more, again one more in order to to finde the error.
This because of no inteligent error message of RF8 and simply crashes.
Took me the whole day, wife not happy.
I replaced German characters, spaces in names, deleted all anused Objects and read
serveral times the manual to check the link conventions.
But will check the names again. Which names did you finde with Spaces?
By the way. RF8 runs on another PC, with Win 7 64 Bit. Back from the Editor the top menu is gone also
but moving the cursor at this place the menu Text comes again at that place where the cursor is.
Which tool do you use to analyse the binary .FBX?
I now have 3DS max 2018. I got it as an educator (I’m a visiting fellow at my local university). So I’ve been working all day on creating a new plane - its a model of a twin boom TVBS that we’re building in CanberraUAV.
It sure has been hard work today to create the model, but I now have it flying.
I’ve put what I’ve done here:
there are two main issues I haven’t solved
the motors don’t show (crashes when I set the visual frame for ~CS_ENGINE1 and ~CS_ENGINE2)
the textures don’t show in the right places. I suspect I need a UV map, but so far I haven’t worked out how
Any suggestions on the 2nd problem?
I’d still like to learn to use blender, but I’ll go with 3DS max until I’ve learnt my way around the modelling a bit more.
It crashes about a lot of things.
The same work function, but as I turned the right,top knob at the TX(RF8) it crased again.
It depends on the selected Start Model. e.g.
With the B52 Bomber (2 engines) it crashed with another 2 mot Model not.
When I draw one engine, it works with Cessna. When I draw 2 Mots it crashed.
I could report nearly hundreds of situations, again tried the whole day.
Now started with the sample Nexstar by modification part by part in direction Tailsitter.
With the Start Model Twinstar (2 Mots) it works, the props are to see, but looks strange a Tailsitter
with the Fuselage of a Nexstar.
Yes, you have to use the modificator Apply UV Map. (They are different)
You will finde a good tutorial on Autodesk. There is also an airplane, and explained how to apply one Texture
about different regions of the Model.
I will poste on Google my .max file of the Caipirinha as sample for you.
I have seen, you have 4 .TGA Files on Github.
It should be one only, 2048x2048 Pixels.
in the Artists tutorial pdf here:http://www.knifeedge.com/KEmax/tutorials.php
Will have a look in your .max when more time.
Kind regards, Otto
that video was with unlimited current set. I added the current limiting and got a top speed of below 40kph, which is about what eCalc gives for the same setup.
Note that the current reading in the display is per-motor
I’ve put the 3ds files, the RFX and new parameters here:
The key things I changed to fixup the graphics were:
you must have a visual frame for the full chain of elements from the motors back to the fuselage. We didn’t have a visual frame for the tilt component (which brings it to 90 degrees).
changed the orientation of the motors, spinner etc to pointing forward, then they are rotated in the physics model
need to get the pivot orientations right for the motor mounts
It’s nice to finally have this model working!
Once I get more motor details from @palm369 I can try to get the tuning a bit better.