BlackCube wont boot after poweron

Hi

Some times after connect the battery, the Cube wont boot, the Motors ESC keep beeping and safety switch doesnt do anything, and I have to disconnect and connect again the battery to boot again.

How can I identitfy why this happend?

Thanks!

I get this sometimes as well and I don’t know what causes it. Copter 4.0 has some improvements in the way the board boots and enables peripheral power, so I’ve wondered if that might fix it, but I haven’t tested yet.

1 Like

Thanks!

Hope the 4.0 fix it!

I have seen this with quite a few copters as well. In one case we swapped out the Cube and carrier board but the problem returned. Have not been able to identify a cause. We have been meaning to compile what info we have and post it.

Sometimes it happens once and never occurs again. Other times a copter is susceptible and it happens occasionally. On a few rare occasions a copter has reached the point where it takes a dozen attempts to boot.

In each case the IO processor seems to be alive. The hardware safety switch light blinks and if the button is pressed it turns solid red, indicating that it is on and responsive.

2 Likes

I’m having this problem too, with a copter cube black and kore carrier board if firmware 4,0,5

Ver 4.0.5 ? Master is up to 4.0.4 in copter. Have you tried loading 4.0.4 and then updating the bootloader? After the bootloader update you can go back to a different AC version like 4.0.3 stable.
Otherwise I’d probable start by closely examining the Vcc coming from the power brick (or Kore carrier) and unplug all external devices and try one at a time.

1 Like

this 4.0.4, I got confused with the plane, I didn’t update the bootloader

I updated the bootloader and the inconsistency at startup stopped, the problem was solved, thanks

2 Likes

Excellent - thanks for letting everyone know.

1 Like