Bi-directional dshot - testers wanted

Please try setting MASK/BDMASK both to 3840

IT WORKED!!! BOTH spin and telemetry!!!

i only get RPM thougā€¦ at least as far i can seeā€¦ also putting correct servo9 value = 70 it stop workingā€¦ anyway itā€™s a good starting point

Bi-dir only gives you RPM - you need to use a UART to get anything else.

The issue is that AUX1-4 are all on the same timer, but clearly the logic that enables/disables for partial setups is not working correctly. i.e. they all have to be DSHOT even if they are not used (which is what your message says) but somewhere along the line there is some logic missing.

Andy,

thank you very much for helping

Was wondering if bdshot will be coming for the Qio Tek Zealot h743? Thanks

It can be done - I donā€™t have one.

Thanks Andy, maybe one will come in the future. Cheers

1 Like

Hello developers)
BlHeli32 Rev32.9.2 has testcode that supports dshot extended telemetry (temperature, voltage, current via bidirectional dshot).
Are there any plans to implement support for advanced telemetry? I can test with pixhawk4.

1 Like

this would be neat as it would allow for more debugging of failures or maybe soon to be failures based on the extended telem. I had asked a few months ago when testing EDT (extended dshot telemetry) for betaflight and was told it wouldnā€™t be to terribly hard to do so but the fact it was so new and also not even merged into BF yet it may be awhile. @andyp1per is the fella that got all the dshot working so hopefully when it gets put into a stable form it will be supported.

Yeah I will get to it - really want it to be stable and in blheli/betaflight first before working on it.

3 Likes

Thanks for answer) Other question while itā€™s hot: I was unable to find there ESC logging is executed ( AP_ESC_Telem::update()) How to speed it up to 400Hz?

Itā€™s linked to one of the other log bits. You can find it in the copter code.

Finally foundā€¦ Itā€™s not in log bits, but AP_Vehicle.cpp sheduling config

Are there any plans for bidirectional dshot support for the Holybro Pixhawk 6c? I can test the firmware if it is made available

Can be done - Iā€™ll try and cook something up

1 Like

Thanks Andy.

The plan is to use these for educational purposes at the University of TromsĆø, Drone Technology

Bdshot versions of Pixhawk6C and ZealotH743 by andyp1per Ā· Pull Request #23072 Ā· ArduPilot/ardupilot Ā· GitHub untested

2 Likes

While I am at it, would it be possible to make a bi-directional target for the Cube Black also? We have several of these that we also use for educational purposes and bdshot capability would be nice :slight_smile: I can do some testing on these also.

These are not made anymore and bdshot is tough on the F427. Iā€™ll take a look if I have time.

1 Like

Thanks Andy. Cannot ask for anything more :slight_smile: