BATT Parameters FS adjustments for hexa with 6s 3700mAh

Hi!
I preformed AutoTune roll axis the other day and noticed after about 9m I was close to BATT failsafe.
Believe voltage readings are about correct, a bit more unsure about amp readings, but leave these as is now. Anyway I think about following adjustments:

BATT_LOW_VOLT from 21.6 to 20.4
BATT_CRT_VOLT from 21.0 to 20.0
BATT_FS_LOW_ACT from 4 to 0
BATT_FS_CRT_ACT from 0 to 4

My 6 motors, 500KV type WK-WS-34-001 deVention and 6 ESC, WST-15AH Walkera.
No data if/when ESC will cutoff but hope drone will be landed already. :slight_smile:

Please comment!

Regards Espen

Updated to:
BATT_LOW_VOLT from 21.6 to 20.6
BATT_CRT_VOLT from 21.0 to 20.0
BATT_FS_CRT_ACT from 0 to 4

Need to figure out the Current draw so if anyone with eCalc could help me gestimate?
-weight=2.2Kg inc all
-6 motors, 500KV type WK-WS-34-001 deVention and 6 ESC, WST-15AH Walkera
-about 9" propeller (9.17 tip to tip) Pitch maybe about 4.5
-battery 3700mAh unsure about the C value but if correct as written: 100C (suggest to use 50C eCalk)’
Regards Espen

Something wrong in that graph.
Current shouldn’t be dropping same time as voltage.
Usually voltage drops as current increases. …also opposite the case → voltage slightly increase when current drops.

Also may have to be careful with your updated settings (lower voltages) as this could potentially trigger a low voltage shutdown of ESC’s - can’t comment if yours have that function or not.

1 Like

Hi Karl,
Tnx, as I wrote, No data if/when ESC will cutoff but hope drone will be landed already. :slight_smile:
The voltage checker I created, and there is no current chk so the current is wrong. Current is the blue colored in the plot. Anyway, I need help to gestimate the Current draw. Tnx

Regards Espen

I have set:
Battery 5400 or 5200mAh
20,8V as BATT_LOW_VOLT and it trigges RTL - works fine for me. Flight time was about 16min with gimball and camera. Same hexa than yours.
My takes about 20A on hoover, when it engages RTL it goes up to 44Amps. I have to check it for sure with some multimeter, but thats what shows my power module. Voltage was quite accurate so current should be as well.

1 Like