Barometer values under ELRS - INAV can handle that, why not AP?

That are two telemetry screens on identical hardware (FrSky X10 runing ELRS).

Left AP 4.5.0 and on the right INAV 7.1.0 on a SpeedyBee F405 Wing.

10 ELRS and 13 FC values, but INAV with an 14th value - VSpd!

Contacted ELRS and I learned, that the ELRS protocol is transmitting both barometer values Alt and VSpd.

That INAV is at the moment only showing VSpd is caused by a wrong Alt ID in INAV code, which will be cleared in the next INAV RC.

But why those two values don’t show up in AP?

Seen several request here in this forum from users for those barometer values under ELRS.

br Karl

There is an open issue in github that I think is related: Missing barometer telemetry values in AP Plane, yaapu and ExpressLRS. · Issue #26699 · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub

I know, I posted that at github. But there were problems with my old account and I requested to deleted that account.

The strange thing here is, no one seems to be interested. I don’t understand …

At least I was expecting to get an answer like ‘no need to have barometer values anymore or so …’

My guess is that there aren’t a lot of people flying gliders with ArduPilot.

Could you confirm that behavior, that when using ELRS with AP, barometer values are missing on the radio?

Karl

I think this is a special ELRS frame that is not in the CRSF spec - that’s why it’s not implemented. It would be quite easy, but pretty far down my list of things to do.

The crsf_protocol.h lists those two BARO values in

Are you, by the way, saying, the modification in sources is not a big deal?

If you could point me to the files in source, which have to be modified, I could give it a try and test …

Have building environment here under Debian.