Barometer (external) PROBLEM

I have installed ArduPlane 3.9.5 AND ALSO THERE ARE NO SUCH POINT.

Last beta (ArduCopter V3.6.6-rc2)
NO SUCH POINT.

Hey.
The external barometer in the firmware version 3.6.6 will be included extensively. I heard from the developer :slight_smile:
greetings

Wow! I look forward to this! Thanks for answer :slight_smile:

I enable and connected external barometer but it is not showing in mission planner plz help

Probably a connection issue - you need to provide much more detail including what baro is it and wiring and where is it connected to on the flight controller? What flight controller?

I am using pixhawk which is showing warning given below so i ordered a ms5611 barometer for using externally with pixhawk but pixhawk is not detecting the barometer.

https://robu.in/product/recomputer-jetson-10-1-a0-with-jetson-nano-module-aluminium-case-pre-installed-jetpack-system/?pid=1252359

That link is not for a baro.
Please also describe the connection details, how you wired it - or a picture.

Link for barometer

I have connected according to document provided on arducopter website about connecting external barometer to pixhawk using I2C.

https://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/common-baro-external.html

Devices that can do SPI and IIC (or I2C) almost always come configured for SPI.
Was there any information on how to change it to I2C, or change the I2C address?

I will try to interface that board with arduino and update you, there is no jumper provided for selection of spi/i2c. Here is a tutorial i found on instuctables.

If you’ve got an arduino to test with, this sketch will tell you if it can find an I2C device. That will at least get you started.
I2C_Scanner.zip (513 Bytes)

According to most info I can find, your board should just work in I2C mode - you can safely swap SDA and SCL wires to check for wiring faults.

You can connect PS to VCC to ensure it goes into I2C mode, and connect CSB to either GND or VCC to change the address.

I have tried everything, it works on arduino . The arduino can scan the i2c adress it is either 0x76 or 0x77. Nothing happens and the pixhawk doesn’t show any values of ext barometer. Please help.

Please also visit this topic Prearm error GPS alt error 5850m (see BARO_ALTERR - #2 by Rajnikant

This is the real problem.

Got an update , a good news just did everything again, like uploading firmware and etc from start and it got detected.

BARO_ALTERR_MAX It will have 2000. may! according to me

Google ms5611 buy and buy the barometer from robu.in use i2c port expansion for connection external barometer with pixhawk. It fixed my problem.

What will be the process of this and what will have to be done buy?
And what extra settings in Pixahwak I have more person face
this problem

No need to buy external barometer, downgrade your firmware to 4.0.3 it will work, i am in 4.0.3 and my drone is very stable

The fix is to use the correct firmware → Pixhawk1 for the old/cheap pisxhawk1 clones labeled with 2.4.6 and 2.4.8 (note: there are cheaper better flight controllers now)
If you get the altitude error that prevents arming then set
BARO_OPTIONS,1

I would strongly advise against downgrading firmware since there has been many important fixes.
Upgrade to latest stable if you have not already. All parameters are retained or upgraded.

1 Like