Bad battery, failsafe

Hello, I set up drone but I can’t arm it, because it said bad battery, failsafe, is there any parameter to change and fix this problem?

Set LOG_DISARMED,1 to generate a .bin log file, grab that and upload to a fileshare service so we can access it. Then set LOG_DISARMED,0
What battery do you have?
Did you set up voltage (and current) monitoring and do you get realistic voltage readings?

| xfacta Shawn
August 17 |

• | - |

Set LOG_DISARMED,1 to generate a .bin log file, grab that and upload to a fileshare service so we can access it. Then set LOG_DISARMED,0
What battery do you have?
Did you set up voltage (and current) monitoring and do you get realistic voltage readings?

I have 3s lipo battery. I didn’t set up voltage and so on, because usually I don’t do this, it’s the first time that I have this kind of problem. Btw is there any parameter of battery to turn off or something like that?

Rather than disable the warning you should definitely set up battery voltage monitoring and failsafes.

• Enable the voltage (and current) monitor and ensure it’s reading realistic voltages, reboot the flight controller
  • Go to MissionPlanner / Setup / Mandatory / Initial Parameters
  • Put in your prop size and battery cell count, select “Add suggested…” and Calculate.
  • Accept everything it offers!

Then also change these parameters, unrelated to your battery issue:

INS_ACCEL_FILTER,10
INS_LOG_BAT_MASK,1
INS_LOG_BAT_OPT,4
LOG_BITMASK,180222

which will give data for tuning

2 Likes