Bad Battery error at landing

Hey! I’m new at all this so there may be an obvious thing I’m missing. I’m using a Hawks Works F450 and when landing with manual control Mission planner shows message Bad Battery and the disarm gets completely locked so I have to make a full reset of the quad.
I’ve checked battery (11.1v) health and seems fine, the buzzer for battery warning does not go off and even used a different battery (also 11.1)
Is there something I should do/change that I’m missing?
I didn’t chance any of the preset beyond the basic setup (I followed this tutorial full playlist: https://youtu.be/WjM5gVHy3Pw?si=gPLYc6uQdsTjfXwQ)
Edit: I should add this error only happens when landing and something during autopilot (but spirant stop flight, still disarms and locks at landing) no matter how “soft” the landing.

Post the .bin log file from the flight.

If you’re measuring 11.1v on the ground then (assuming a 3S Lipo) the battery is discharged. So the in-flight voltage will be too low.

Follow this tutorial for your setup: How to methodically tune (almost) any multicopter using ArduCopter 4.4.x

1 Like

Here is a better tutorial How to methodically tune (almost) any multicopter using ArduCopter 4.4.x

It will not solve this particular problem but it will solve future problems before they appear :slight_smile:

1 Like